High Impedance Headphones with Irig Pro I/O?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

High Impedance Headphones with Irig Pro I/O?

Postby Daystar140 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:55 am

Will the Irig Pro I/O be able to power a pair of 62 ohms headphones?

I already own the Irig, but want to order a pair of AKG 712 Pros. I need to know that they will definitely be powered by the Irig pro before I pull the trigger.

Thanks
Daystar140

Re: High Impedance Headphones with Irig Pro I/O?

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:07 pm

According to the iRig Pro I/O Specs page:

Headphone Level Power 100mW into 50 Ohms
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Daystar140 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:42 pm

Thanks Peter. I read that but wasn't sure what it meant as in the manual for the Irig Duo (which is supposed to be a two channel version of the Pro) states " Output Impedance: 150 Ohms balanced" yet does not state the Headphone level power. The Irig pro does not state the Output Impedance clearly like this.

I find it odd that the Irig Pro is advertised as being a Professional recording and mixing tool, yet cannot power High Impedance headphones of which most quality reference headphones are.

IK Multimedia have also posted media in which the Irig Pro is used with High Impedance headphones.

For example on your official Instagram profile a photo was posted of an Irig being used with Focal high impedance headphones. There is also a Youtube review by Warren Huart in which IK Multimedia gave him and Irig to give away. In this video Warren is using the Irig Pro with with what I believe are High Impedance headphones.

Am i able to get a definitive answer as to whether these headphones will be useable with the Irig Pro.

Thanks
Daystar140

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:57 pm

I cannot provide that definitive answer as I've never used those headphones with iRig Pro I/O. If the specs are not enough, you may want to check out this article which provides information on the topic https://www.headphonesty.com/2019/04/he ... mystified/ and/or discuss directly with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers