Squelching bass notes/keys not in tune

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Squelching bass notes/keys not in tune

Postby nick.peake » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:49 pm

I'm connecting my iRig keys into a 2017 MacBook Air and I'm getting the same problem in Logic Pro X and GarageBand ... when I play a bass through midi the sound squelches on a fast run, or just goes a bit out of tune, like drops down a semitone.

I just tried opening a brand new software instrument track on an empty GBproject, chose Fretless bass, played a note and it dropped a semitone, then changed the input to piano and got piano AND bass. Then changed to a drum kit and got drum kit and bass, but only at the lower end of the keyboard.

I've tried a factory reset as in the iRig Keys manual and it doesn't make any difference. I'm using the correct lead and going clean into the USB port.

I can only conclude that the iRig Keys has somehow gone faulty, though I've hardly used it since I got it 18 months ago. :roll:

Help please?
nick.peake

Re: Squelching bass notes/keys not in tune

Postby stoemp » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:47 pm

Hi,
I've just received the iRig Pro DUO and have the same problem but only with the samsung S8+ and doing a FB LIVE... The rest is perfect...
Very Strange...
I follow your post and you can follow the mine, maybe there will be an answer...
Hope a IK tech will take care of our post...
Stoemp
stoemp

Postby nick.peake » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:16 am

Just to say I'm disappointed not to have had any constructive responses to this query. I messaged ik support directly at the time also but have had no response. :|
nick.peake

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:54 pm

stoemp wrote:Hi,
I've just received the iRig Pro DUO and have the same problem but only with the samsung S8+ and doing a FB LIVE... The rest is perfect...
Very Strange...
I follow your post and you can follow the mine, maybe there will be an answer...
Hope a IK tech will take care of our post...
Stoemp

IK tech support is not going to handle support requests via forum posts. Please check the forum rules linked at the top of each page as that's the first item.

IK Support is available at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and it looks like OP has opened a ticket. They are experiencing a very high volume of tickets but will absolutely assist and I'm sure they can resolve the problem for both you and OP (if you also open or have opened a ticket).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby nick.peake » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:10 am

I'm sorry and you're right, I hadn't read the forum rules so I shouldn't have expected help directly from IK - you might notice I didn't mention it in my original post...

I had some difficulty getting a request through to IK support - my first lengthy message explaining the problem seemed to freeze my iPad, so that's why I thought I'd try the forum in case others had had the same difficulty. Maybe no one has, so I await an answer from support, six days on.

Ironically, I see from checking back through previous emails that it is exactly a year ago today that I bought and registered my keyboard!
nick.peake

Return to Interfaces & Controllers