New axe I/O Solo purchase Amplitube MAX offer.

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Re: New axe I/O Solo purchase Amplitube MAX offer.

Postby JT19Guitar » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:13 pm

Peter_IK wrote:You can find the status of your order in your IK User Area

Not if I purchased from Sweetwater. You won't have any record of my purchase until I register... which I can't do without the serial number... which I can't provide without receiving the product.
JT19Guitar

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:20 pm

JT19Challenger wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:You can find the status of your order in your IK User Area

Not if I purchased from Sweetwater. You won't have any record of my purchase until I register... which I can't do without the serial number... which I can't provide without receiving the product.

Then you would want to inquire with Sweetwater or check their order status page. They will have that information for you. So sorry to not be clear, I'll make it more clear: You can find the order status from the retailer from whom you ordered AXE I/O SOLO and if you ordered from IK that would be under "My Orders" in your IK User Area.

And you will, of course, see the same news I mention on our site and/or newsletter about AXE I/O regardless of where you purchased.

I understand your frustration but please don't turn this into nitpicking nor should it be taken out on mods/admins of this forum as this forum is not a tech support forum it is for user-to-user discussion and general news and announcements.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby JT19Guitar » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:39 pm

Peter_IK wrote:I understand your frustration but please don't turn this into nitpicking nor should it be taken out on mods/admins of this forum

Sorry if it felt like an attack.... certainly not the intent.

I'll wait to hear what the news is before commenting further.
JT19Guitar

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:06 pm

OK thank you, and I was also being more general as I could see the topic becoming a pile-on but I do understand your frustration specifically and also that of anybody else in the thread.

The news had better be now shipping! Kidding, that is exactly what it will be - there are no more expected delays and even though shipping and production still aren't 100% worldwide (not just for IK of course) there are units that will be shipping as soon as possible.

It's a cool unit. If I didn't have two AXE I/Os I'd definitely pick up one of these. Heck, I still might, as I have one setup where I really typically only use the one input.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby redberon2003 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:40 am

Thank you for the update peter, delays are a bit of the norm these days....it’s understandable. Will keep an eye on the e-mail.
redberon2003

Postby Samerai » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:01 pm

Thanks for the update @Peter_IK
Samerai

Postby zefski » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:21 pm

Just letting everyone know that my order placed back on the 19th May has just arrived here in the UK. :D

Unfortunately there was no instructions or paperwork in the box - just the registration card and serial number. After registering, no download links or drivers appear to be available for my "Axe I/O SOLO" which means I can't use this with my Amplitube software. Very frustratingly without the ASIO drivers and Control Panel software, my AXE I/O Solo is a nice paperweight on my desk at the moment. :(

Fingers crossed for more updates from IK Multimedia in the coming days but I wanted to let you guys know these things are now shipping in Europe.

Cheers...
zefski

Postby redberon2003 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:27 pm

:shock: . Sounds like you may have gotten the first one. Congrats! :D sounds like you'll be able to fire it up soon enough.
redberon2003

Postby rochenstein » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:54 pm

Mine arrived today too - I tried the original axe io software but it doesn't recognise the solo.

Update: after emailing support, I was instructed to use Asio4All and that allowed me to use the Axe I/O Solo in Amplitube, my DAW etc.

However, by not providing their own Asio driver, this means you are forced to use each program in exclusive audio mode - which is not great for me personally as I often like to easily switch between various progs and require audio from each one.

I have emailed back to ask if there are any plans for a new driver in the near future as this would personally be an issue for me.
rochenstein

Postby zefski » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:40 am

Thanks for the Update.
rochenstein wrote:Update: after emailing support, I was instructed to use Asio4All and that allowed me to use the Axe I/O Solo in Amplitube, my DAW etc.

This is not an option for me as I do not have a DAW. I wanted to use this as a general audio interface for my WIN10 PC.

UPDATE: 13/07/2020

It looks like the product page for AXE I/O Solo has been updated now to include a "Manual" tab. This is a 21 page PDF. On page 6 there is a link provided to "ikdownloads.com/axeiosolo" but unfortunately this is a dead link and it returns the user to the main AXE I/O product page.

I had waited nearly 7 weeks for my order to arrive and I'm very sorry to say that it is now blindingly obvious that this product was not ready for sale as it is still in development as far as the software side of things is concerned.

FURTHER UPDATE: See Ryan_IK's post below: Offical driver & control panel is coming for AXE I/O SOLO but in the meantime use the ASIO4ALL driver as per FAQ links provided.
Last edited by zefski on Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zefski

Postby rochenstein » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:26 pm

You don't need to have a DAW - it was working ok for me as a general Win10 soundcard effectively before I managed to resolve my issues with Amplitube, Reaper etc.

Maybe you need to download the Asio4All drivers and then ensure you have the device enabled in your audio control panel? Happy to share screen shots of my setup if you need them.

The only downside to using it as a general audio interface is that certain applications like iTunes will only work when you allow audio exclusivity mode. This should be resolved when/if they release a new driver along with the control software.

It is frustrating though that it's not 100% at launch, I feel that.

Edit: here's a screenshot of my settings: https://imgur.com/r1cj8jp

Final Edit (lol): The support team have shared this FAQ link with me which should help to resolve my issues around playing multiple devices at once - I will give this a try when I get a chance - doesn't look like something I could have figured out myself: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1236
rochenstein

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:16 pm

While some users should start seeing their hardware delivered, The official release is coming very soon and it will be with this release where you will find a dedicated AXE I/O SOLO Control Panel & Driver software ready for your unit.

On Mac, CoreAudio can be used during this time.​ Windows users can check out the guide below for optimizing Windows 10 and setting up ASIO4ALL optimally for use in the meantime while the dedicated Control Panel and Drivers are released.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1277
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1076
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby zefski » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:30 pm

Ryan, many thanks for updating us on this. Thanks for the links and recommendations on how to proceed whilst we await the release of the software. Keep us posted! :D
zefski

Postby rochenstein » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:35 pm

Good news - the software is now available in the download section of the product page: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... p=download

Just spotted this now so not had a chance to install just yet.
rochenstein

Postby Samerai » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:14 am

Also worth noting that the ik website doesn't list the solo as pre-order anymore.
My order status hasn't changed but I'm not worried.
Keep up the great work guys!
Samerai

PreviousNext

Return to Interfaces & Controllers