Help for a Beginning iRig user

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Help for a Beginning iRig user

Postby ngoodman52@yahoo.com » Thu May 28, 2020 6:51 pm

I bought an iRig (no additional names like 2 or anything). I registered as an Authorized User, then went to GarageBand to record my guitar, and GB is not recognizing the iRig. Any suggestions?
ngoodman52@yahoo.com

Re: Help for a Beginning iRig user

Postby Peter_IK » Thu May 28, 2020 9:13 pm

What device are you using it with? By the way, the iRig you have (original iRig unit, looks like a tube) has been discontinued for a very long time. If you bought it new recently, it may not be an IK product. There are many counterfeits and such of iRig. That could also be part of the problem.

Please let us know what device you are trying to use it with, first, though.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ngoodman52@yahoo.com » Fri May 29, 2020 12:18 am

Thank you for responding to my post! I am trying to use it with a MacBook Air. The iRig I bought came in a box with IK Multimedia and AmpliTube insignias. I can submit a photo of it if that would help put that question to bed.
ngoodman52@yahoo.com

Postby Peter_IK » Fri May 29, 2020 4:30 pm

ngoodman52@yahoo.com wrote:Thank you for responding to my post! I am trying to use it with a MacBook Air. The iRig I bought came in a box with IK Multimedia and AmpliTube insignias. I can submit a photo of it if that would help put that question to bed.

That still could be a copy, they do that unfortunately. It may also be old stock. I would recommend working with IK Support directly to see what's going on: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers