irig hd2 vs. Focusrite itrack solo

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

irig hd2 vs. Focusrite itrack solo

Postby Lhdrman » Wed May 27, 2020 12:09 am

I’m looking for an interface for a 5th gen ipad that will work for Amplitube. I see on the IK website that Amplitube for ipad is an only available in a free iOS app.

However if you buy the irig hd2, it says it comes loaded with Amplitube 4 full version? This version cost $149 according to the website. It also contains an 8 track DAW which would be great if I could get that on an ipad.

This sounds confusing since for $99 (Irig hd2) you get both the interface and the $149 version of Amplitube 4.

But when you try and buy Amplitube for ipad, all it offers is a free app.

ALso, I would be interested in possibly buying a Focusrite itrack solo for more monitoring options, but worry it will only support the free (cheaper) version fo Amplitube, not the full version with 8 track DAW.

Any clarification would help. Thanks.

Fred
Lhdrman

Re: irig hd2 vs. Focusrite itrack solo

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 27, 2020 7:40 pm

iRig HD 2 includes software and gear listed on this page: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... php?p=apps

Yes, you get the $149.99 AmpliTube 4 for Mac/PC.

You get more than the free AmpliTube CS for iOS, though. You get AmpliTube Essentials unlocked in the free CS version which provides the same gear as the 19.99 paid version of AmpliTube for iOS.

The details on how to unlock gear etc are at the link above. I hope that helps.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers