Irig keys 2 headphone sound issues

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Irig keys 2 headphone sound issues

Postby pablo_bano@yahoo.es » Wed May 20, 2020 1:54 pm

H there I hope someone can help me.

When I connect the headphones output of the Irig keys 2 pro to the PC I hear a continuous background sound. If I connect it to my android samsung galaxy s20, then you hear like a crack every now and then when you play the piano, which is very anoying.

The strange thing is...if I connect it to an ipad or a galaxy tab, the issues dissapear! Perfect sound...

Any ideas?

Thank you!
pablo_bano@yahoo.es

Re: Irig keys 2 headphone sound issues

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu May 21, 2020 11:21 pm

On your Android make sure you;re not charging your device during use. Make sure to also check for any issues with ground on your power. To do this try another power source.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

On Windows, remember to install the iRig ASIO drivers. Here are some details on Windows optimizations.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1277
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1340
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby pietropavan77 » Sat May 23, 2020 3:29 pm

I am using a iRig Keys I/O connected to iPAD pro 2nd generation.

I bought the keyboard a few years a go and it never worked properly.

I believe the issue is with the switching of audio from iPad onboard speaker jack and the iRig Keys audio interface.

Basically right now, after disconnecting the iRig Keys I/O and resetting the iPad a couple of times, the issue is that i cannot hear the audio from my iPad, it would simply not play through the headset but only if i disconnect the headset jack.

The audio is still played in the headset but at a super low volume...

I cannot get around this issue, and now the iPad is unusable with cable headset...

This issue as been ongoing since i bought the iRig KEYS I/O and even after updating its firmware i never manage to solve it. Wish i would have known this issues before buying this useless product.

Please help if anyone has a solution on how to restore the audio from my iPad.

Regards.
pietropavan77

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue May 26, 2020 2:53 am

pietropavan77 wrote:I am using a iRig Keys I/O connected to iPAD pro 2nd generation.

I bought the keyboard a few years a go and it never worked properly.

I believe the issue is with the switching of audio from iPad onboard speaker jack and the iRig Keys audio interface.

Basically right now, after disconnecting the iRig Keys I/O and resetting the iPad a couple of times, the issue is that i cannot hear the audio from my iPad, it would simply not play through the headset but only if i disconnect the headset jack.

The audio is still played in the headset but at a super low volume...

I cannot get around this issue, and now the iPad is unusable with cable headset...

This issue as been ongoing since i bought the iRig KEYS I/O and even after updating its firmware i never manage to solve it. Wish i would have known this issues before buying this useless product.

Please help if anyone has a solution on how to restore the audio from my iPad.

Regards.

Please do note, this is not a support forum. Make sure all concerns are brought up to the support team to be properly assessed. Please after opening a ticket, shoot me a PM with your ticket number so I may flag your case with your forum post.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

Do note, on iOS, by Apple design the internal speaker is disabled when the iRig is connected. The second your iRig Keys I/O is disconnected, your iOS device should be released to operate normally. This might take a moment to change and you might need to adjust the iOS volume after this occurs (Using the volume buttons on the side of your device). Unfortunately, this behavior with the internal speaker is implemented by Apple and cannot be changed at this time, but volumes should always be a good level.

Make sure to adjust your volume by pressing the ALT button then turning the DATA knob. This will control the volume of your headphone and line-level outputs. By default the output might not be too loud, but increasing here should certainly get you a good level.

Remember when using a headset, connect your headset to the iRig, before connecting the iRig to iOS. This will allow the iRig to be used as opposed to your headset.

Read more FAQs here while support gets back: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index. ... ig-keys-io
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby dhruba » Sat May 30, 2020 9:11 pm

I have bought IRIG Keys 2 PRO a few days back. I have also the same issue that the headphone sound is very low after connecting to the IRIG Keys even after turning the iPhone 7, garage band and IRIG volume to highest. You mentioned to tap ALT key but I did not find any ALT key. Could you please suggest how can the headphone sound will be improved? Also my recording sound in garage band is very low.
dhruba

Return to Interfaces & Controllers