Blueboard Firmware update failed - no longer works

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Blueboard Firmware update failed - no longer works

Postby davidwaddington » Mon May 18, 2020 12:22 am

I originally sent in a support request on 1 may 2020 (ticket 6888427), and have yet to hear a response. There’s no way to check on the status of my ‘ticket’ via the user area and following the firmware update advice to the letter my device is now bricked.

Don’t get me started on the windows authorisation issue, and then constant connecting/disconnecting of the device within windows every few seconds. can you please notify support of my request to get this sorted. This device no longer functions through no fault of my own, as I followed the firmware update correctly, which failed.
Thankyou.
davidwaddington

Re: Blueboard Firmware update failed - no longer works

Postby forum@josh.ch » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:31 pm

Any news on this? I fail to update the firmware of my 2nd hand bought BlueBoard, as I can't run the updater on Windows 10 it seems.
forum@josh.ch

Postby davidwaddington » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:28 pm

Nothing constructive-1reply in six weeks asking for me to send logs, and since then silence...
davidwaddington

Postby forum@josh.ch » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:13 pm

davidwaddington wrote:Nothing constructive-1reply in six weeks asking for me to send logs, and since then silence...

This is extremely discouraging. Do you have a serial number for your BlueBoard, and have you registered it to your IK Multimedia account?

I didn't receive a serial number when buying my BlueBoard 2nd hand, so I could not register. Might this be a problem here, too?
forum@josh.ch

Postby forum@josh.ch » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:04 pm

Well, it finally worked! I could finally update my old iRig BlueBoard. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I created a new topic with extensive explanations here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24780

Cheers.
forum@josh.ch

Postby davidwaddington » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:55 pm

Glad you found a solution. My blue board which was purchased new, had issues during the update and now won’t connect to the computer at all-keeps connecting and disconnecting immediately after, so there’s no way to get it connected to finish the update. It’s basically bricked as far as I can tell.
davidwaddington

Postby forum@josh.ch » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:11 pm

I'm sorry to hear this. I had a similar situation, where the BlueBoard kept connecting and disconnecting. It passed though, I don't really know how or why. Maybe also try to stop the Windows Search before updating?
forum@josh.ch

Postby DarkStar » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:21 pm

@davidwaddington,

Please contact Support,
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
, then "Hardware" then "Search FAQs". If no luck, there is a link to the Technical support Form in the banner at the top.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby davidwaddington » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:14 pm

Please refer to my original post.
The ball has been in ik multimedia support’s court since the 1st May. Further attempts to contact them have been met with silence. Do you have any constructive suggestions?
davidwaddington

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:37 pm

davidwaddington wrote:Please refer to my original post.
The ball has been in ik multimedia support’s court since the 1st May. Further attempts to contact them have been met with silence. Do you have any constructive suggestions?

Please see this post which contains the guidelines on how to receive attention to a ticket you feel isn't being handled in a satisfactory way or is outside the normal time frame: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505

Note that there are delays currently as there has been an overwhelming number of tickets opened in recent months. Though if you have no response since May 1st, something is going on... I assume you've checked junk/spam folders so please check that post and your issue can be taken care of.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby joshua81 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:38 pm

I'd like to share how I fixed my Blueboard.
Here is a link that I recently wrote in another forum.
Hope it'll help someone like me.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comm ... ent_923867
joshua81

Postby digitalsound » Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:52 pm

I just updated my older blueboard. I have an old windows laptop with windows 7 on it. I made the mistake of downloading the updater app that is the same for mac and windows. You MUST be sure you have downloaded the updated app that is intednded for the blueboard and windows. There is only one. There is no option for a mac version to update the blueboard. It will not detect it even on a windows computer. ONce I had the proper updater software, it worked perfectly. I can still not use the app to update, so I guess that is only for the newer boards. Mine has the usb connection.
digitalsound

Postby sebastienm » Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:17 am

Hello BlueBoard users,

I'm the owner of a BlueBoard with the USB connector, purchased in 2013.

Took a while to figure the whole thing out, but I just managed to update the firmware by installing a fresh copy of Windows 8.1 inside VMware Fusion on macOS Monterey. I initially tried using a Windows 10 virtual machine I regularly use but it would simply not work (as many have noticed before me).

I downloaded the Windows 8.1 ISO image straight from Microsoft: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8ISO

In addition, for the whole process to work I had to remove the virtual floppy drive that had been installed by VMware Fusion, otherwise the Updater app would constantly complain about the A: drive. Please note that the Updater will unmount and mount ("eject") the BlueBoard multiple times until it reaches 100% progress.

Also this post was worth a read https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?t=24780
sebastienm

Postby kohsamet » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:48 am

I was having trouble with my Blueboard also being a paperweight.
After much poking around on various We sites, I found a solution at the following site.
Please refer to the following site.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comm ... ent_923867

JoshY's article at the bottom of the first page.

1) Run the firmware updater
2) Connect Blueboard USB
3) Turn on the Blueboard by simultaneously pressing the button D.
4) Use Explorer to delete two of the three files on the blueboard.(BIN and CFG files)
5) Press the search button on the the firmware updater.
6) Press the update button on the the firmware updater.

I did it twice and it worked.I wish you the best of luck!
kohsamet

Postby Petrus777 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:50 pm

I had the same problem under Windows 10/11. After several different attempts lasted for days and days (even trying Windows 7 running inside Virtualbox), I solved the problem connecting the Blueboard to a trivial oldy usb hub 2.0, not even powered... and the latter connected to the usb port on the laptop.
If your computer is fitted with usb 3.0, it's got to be worth a try. Hope this helps. Cheers.
Petrus777

Return to Interfaces & Controllers