Axe I/O output sound issues

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Axe I/O output sound issues

Postby trmpower » Sun May 17, 2020 9:11 pm

I am very new to this type of format and I am having multiple issues, when in amplitube 4 I get a clean tone through the amp but no emulation sounds. The meters gauges are registering sound but that is it, I have the effects sound on the headphones but it is latent and does not sound great. I have no idea what to do and did not get much help from tech support. I am running windows. Any help would be great.
trmpower

Re: Axe I/O output sound issues

Postby dlgebert » Mon May 18, 2020 3:17 am

trmpower wrote:I am having multiple issues

See below for previous posts to help solve your issues. First, make sure you are NOT using "asio4all" in Windows. The AXE I/O has its own Windows drivers:

Peter_IK wrote:Our driver is not MME/DirectX it is an official ASIO driver. You should make sure you install the AXE I/O drivers & control panel from your IK User Area and use those drivers.

dlgebert wrote:The current Firmware version as of this post is [v.1.04].
BlackSun3 wrote:And how do you update it?

I have an iMac, so these screen prints are from MacOS:

Image not available on server.
    Please refer to the AXE I/O User Manual.

trmpower wrote:when in amplitube 4 I get a clean tone through the amp but no emulation sounds.

I assume you are in the standalone version of Amplitube 4 and you are trying to get sound to come out of a "real" physical amp? I'm assuming this because of your headphones statement.

Ryan_IK wrote:Settings page with AMP OUT sending the signal from AmpliTube into your amplifier.

Important: In the AXE I/O control panel you can send your inputs directly to the re-amp out. Make sure this is not enabled. This will be a dry unprocessed signal.

trmpower wrote:I have the effects sound on the headphones but it is latent and does not sound great.

Again, make sure you are on the latest firmware, have the official AXE I/O Windows driver installed and have the AXE I/O Control Panel installed (see above posts). Below is a link to the AXE I/O FAQ and includes instructions Amplitube 4 and Windows:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?category=13&topic=axe-io

Dave
Last edited by dlgebert on Thu May 28, 2020 3:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
dlgebert

Postby matthewjohnbauer » Mon May 18, 2020 10:02 pm

I have this same problem. My guitar is plugged in, and amplitube is open. But im not getting any effects sounds. Its literally just the axe i/o control panel clean sound. The meters are moving and everything in amplitube, but no software sound.

Guitar>instrument #1. I have my headphones plugged in the front. ???????
matthewjohnbauer

Postby dlgebert » Tue May 19, 2020 4:36 am

matthewjohnbauer wrote:Its literally just the axe i/o control panel clean sound. The meters are moving and everything in amplitube, but no software sound. Guitar>instrument #1. I have my headphones plugged in the front. ???????

Matthew,

I have another previous post that may provide what you are looking for. Can you try this and see if this fixes your issue?

dlgebert wrote:The next thing to check is how the physical [ MONITOR] knob is set. The knob is on the right side the AXE I/O next to the [HEADPHONE] knob. Make sure it is turned all the way to the right, pointing to [DAW]. Whether you are using a DAW or the standalone Amplitube application, it needs to be turned all the way to the right to hear just the signal processed thru the Amplitube standalone application or the plugin inside your DAW.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby matthewjohnbauer » Tue May 19, 2020 6:30 am

Yesssss that was Absolutely my the problem, though I keep on having to play with the buffer because of cracking and latency.

dlgebert wrote:
matthewjohnbauer wrote:Its literally just the axe i/o control panel clean sound. The meters are moving and everything in amplitube, but no software sound. Guitar>instrument #1. I have my headphones plugged in the front. ???????

Matthew,

I have another previous post that may provide what you are looking for. Can you try this and see if this fixes your issue?

dlgebert wrote:The next thing to check is how the physical [ MONITOR] knob is set. The knob is on the right side the AXE I/O next to the [HEADPHONE] knob. Make sure it is turned all the way to the right, pointing to [DAW]. Whether you are using a DAW or the standalone Amplitube application, it needs to be turned all the way to the right to hear just the signal processed thru the Amplitube standalone application or the plugin inside your DAW.

Dave
matthewjohnbauer

Postby trmpower » Thu May 28, 2020 12:11 am

Sorry about the late reply but you helped me figure out the issue with the sound not getting to the amp, the output was not set to 5 and 6, it was set to 3 and 4 which appears to be headphones. Thanks for the assistance, I have other issues but it is more with the software. Thanks again dlgebert.
trmpower

Postby foretellpast » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:47 am

I am not getting any sound at all whatsoever. The only way it works is if I plug my monitors into the headphone jack but I have seen many videos where they are not doing this at all.
foretellpast

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:32 pm

foretellpast wrote:I am not getting any sound at all whatsoever. The only way it works is if I plug my monitors into the headphone jack but I have seen many videos where they are not doing this at all.

In that case you'd need to connect active (powered) monitors to the outputs (I use 1&2) and then make sure the levels etc are set properly in the control panel. If you have passive monitors, of course you'll need a power amp but most people are using active monitors in smaller home setups these days.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers