Before my brand new axe i/o gets chucked

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Before my brand new axe i/o gets chucked

Postby GisliHelga » Sun May 10, 2020 12:44 pm

Hi everyone.. Im used to using Apogee so Im not really used to Latency and output signal problems.
Using Pro Tools on a powerful Imac 2018
This new soundcard is plugged in and Ive set it up as a Aoogee Duet bufferwise. Massive larency. A whole and a half second and nothing running. Thats horrid software, come on..

The only knob I find to get a proper signal into the track is the gain knob...

Am I missing something here or is this a all in one stomp box missing something to stomp on.

Other software is still very very impressive and the idea of this box is VERY nice but no output and massive latency is like, something that looks like a Ferrari but drives like a Trabant. Yeah Trabant, google it and you will get the joke. Its basically useless. If Im not doing something wrong here this is something you can fix. Driver plus Firmware and if you can do Amplitube this should be a walk in the park.

You might have a Ferrari even.. Or maybe I just don't know how to drive... Please correct me if Im wrong..
GisliHelga

Re: Before my brand new axe i/o gets chucked

Postby dlgebert » Sun May 10, 2020 7:32 pm

GisliHelga wrote: Or maybe I just don't know how to drive... Please correct me if Im wrong..

Some cars (and equipment) take a while to learn how to drive, so yes, you'll need to learn how to drive this one. Do you think all of us who spent considerable money for our AXE I/O are happily living with the horrible latency and not posting about it? I've posted numerous times in the last few weeks and months helping fellow musicians get their AXE I/O issues sorted out and some searching thru this sub-forum would probably have answered some of your biggest concerns.

Below are from some of my past posts, which hopefully will get you up and going...

dlgebert wrote:The current Firmware version as of this post is [v.1.04].
BlackSun3 wrote:And how do you update it?

I have an iMac, so these screen prints are from MacOS:

Image not available on server.
    Please refer to the AXE I/O User Manual.

dlgebert wrote:Did you update to the latest AXE I/O control panel? There is no driver update since AXE I/O is class compliant and does not require an external driver on MacOS. Don't use "asio4all" or any other external driver.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_driver

dlgebert wrote:The next thing to check is how the physical [ MONITOR] knob is set. The knob is on the right side the AXE I/O next to the [HEADPHONE] knob. Make sure it is turned all the way to the right, pointing to [DAW]. Whether you are using a DAW or the standalone Amplitube application, it needs to be turned all the way to the right to hear just the signal processed thru the Amplitube standalone application or the plugin inside your DAW.

The last thing, in your DAW, make sure your [Playback Device] and your [Recording Device] are set to [AXE IO] as shown in my latency screen prints. You can't mix devices, like the AXE I/O is input and your Mac built-in speakers are ouput because it causes hardware timing issues and latency. As I mentioned in one of my quotes above, the AXE I/O is class compliant on macOS, so you should see the same [AXE IO] selection options inside Pro Tools as I do in Studio One.

Dave
Last edited by dlgebert on Thu May 28, 2020 4:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
dlgebert

Re: Before my brand new axe i/o gets chucked

Postby dlgebert » Tue May 12, 2020 5:48 pm

GisliHelga wrote:Before my brand new axe i/o gets chucked

Did you "chuck" your AXE I/O, or were you able to get it working? I should have included a link to the AXE I/O FAQ:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?category=13&topic=axe-io

Dave
dlgebert

Return to Interfaces & Controllers