AXE I/O turn on/off

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE I/O turn on/off

Postby crypto27 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:41 am

hello,
first off, I just have to say that the axe I/o is the best interface that I have ever used !
I mean wow! the recording and sound quality is just amazing. everything about it is just excellent. so, thank you IK Multimedia and the devs and engineers for making our lives both easier and fun !

I just have a simple question, can I use the power switch on the back of the axe I/o to turn it on and off while the computer is powered on and the axe is plugged in ? or do I have to shut down the computer then power the axe ? sorry if this a dumb question, but i really want to take good care of this interface.

thank you :D
crypto27

Re: AXE I/O turn on/off

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:19 pm

I agree with your first paragraph outside of my bias of working for IK and I've been "around the block" as they say, too. :D I love this interface for guitar/bass input and also as a smaller interface for computers outside of my main home studio (there I have three daisychained Steinberg interfaces for 24 analog in/out recording but I will still be adding multiple Z-TONE DI for the Z-TONE input quality and tone shaping as it clearly beats my Steinberg instrument/Hi-Z inputs by miles).

Anyway, you can turn AXE I/O off and on with the switch on the back at any time. That's what I do without issue. However, the caveat is that you may get a "pop" in your monitoring doing this so you may want to turn your monitors/speakers off first. This can happen with any interface, including the three-interface setup I describe in the first paragraph - that's why I set up a main power management switch and switch off each set of monitors first when I'm done. Starting up and ending a session there feels like launching and landing the Space Shuttle sometimes!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby crypto27 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:59 pm

Great advice, Thank you very much :D
crypto27

Postby dirty.adios » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:29 pm

Old thread, but I'm wondering if it's okay for the AXE to leave it on 24/7. Because the power switch is in the rear, it's a bit of a pain to get to it the way I have my workspace set up.

Thanks.
dirty.adios

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:36 pm

dirty.adios wrote:Old thread, but I'm wondering if it's okay for the AXE to leave it on 24/7. Because the power switch is in the rear, it's a bit of a pain to get to it the way I have my workspace set up.

Thanks.

I wouldn't leave it on all the time. Any electronic device will also use energy while it is switched on but also the components are essentially still being "used" a bit when it is on too. I would recommend what I mention above about putting it on a strip and switching that way.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers