iRig Stream hangs after about 40 minutes live stream

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Stream hangs after about 40 minutes live stream

Postby rspees » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:49 pm

I live streamed a couple of times with my new iRig Stream but it is not trustworthy. Sometimes the light is green and people hear my online concert but then all of a sudden the sound stops and I have to re-plugin the device. If it DOES work, it works for about 40 minutes and then something strange happens. The sound stops and hangs like a cd or record album hangs repeating the last chords or piece of music. Then also I have to re plug in the device and it starts working again.
I have an iPhone 7 with iOS 13.4.1
Does anyone else have this problem?

I give online concerts and use the output from my mixer with the iRig Stream but if the device is so untrustworthy it is useless for me unfortunately!
I have to trust the device because otherwise I am playing a concert and when I don't look at the screen for a while, people will have chatted with me that they hear a record hanging and I see it only after I stop playing. So I keep on looking at the green light until it doesn't come up and keeps being blue. Then I know the sound hangs again. Please tell me how to solve this. My life depends on it right now :)
rspees

Re: iRig Stream hangs after about 40 minutes live stream

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:16 pm

iRig Stream is used by many thousands and daily for live streaming. What you are experiencing is not normal behavior. I'd recommend reporting your issue to IK Support for official technical support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support as they would be best-equipped to assist you and resolve your issue. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rspees » Fri May 01, 2020 3:17 pm

Thankyou!

I already sent two messages but didn't get a respons yet. That's why I posted it here.

Thanks
rspees

Postby Peter_IK » Fri May 01, 2020 5:22 pm

rspees wrote:Thankyou!

I already sent two messages but didn't get a respons yet. That's why I posted it here.

Thanks

Hi, they are experiencing an incredible increase in ticket volume but they are assisting people as quickly as possible. What is your ticket number?
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rspees » Fri May 01, 2020 5:24 pm

and

rspees

Postby Peter_IK » Fri May 01, 2020 5:36 pm

Thanks, I've passed those tickets to the team.

Note that if you are having any issues when people join you may want to look at this workaround: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=irr3live

That is typically when another person joins your stream, however it seems to fix some issues with FB Live in general too for some. Note that the workaround is for an issue some social apps have with digital audio interfaces/microphones, it is not due to the hardware. But our team was smart enough to find a workaround for those apps' deficiencies until they're fixed :D
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rspees » Thu May 14, 2020 1:13 pm

This is still the case when I use my iPhone. And it is not at 40 minutes anymore but whenever I use the device on my iPhone, with any app. Also the iRig Recorder app!
So I think my device is broken.
rspees

Postby Peter_IK » Thu May 14, 2020 3:41 pm

rspees wrote:This is still the case when I use my iPhone. And it is not at 40 minutes anymore but whenever I use the device on my iPhone, with any app. Also the iRig Recorder app!

Since you still have this problem I'd recommend seeking direct and official technical support from the IK Support team via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support if you have not done so already. They will be able to handle any issues, warranty, etc. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rspees » Thu May 14, 2020 7:01 pm

Thanks! I did that and it is under waranty.
rspees

Postby corycisneros@gmail.com » Sat May 23, 2020 6:39 am

If you receive a solution please let me know. My case has been open for over two months with this similar issue. I narrowed it down to an IOS 13 incompatibility issue as the device works as expected if you utilize the DIN to USB cable and go live from a laptop. Of course this is not ideal as the webcam on a laptop is horrible compared to my IPhone 11 Pro Max. As it stands now, IK Multimedia's "solution" was/is to send me a replacement cable. I tried informing them I do not feel this will do the trick but they insisted this has to be done first. A month went by with no cable, I followed up and was told due to COVID-19 its taking longer than expected however all they can do is ship me a new cable and are unable to troubleshoot further...
corycisneros@gmail.com

Postby rspees » Sat May 23, 2020 4:05 pm

Hi,

I bought it in Germany at Thomann.de and have returned it to be swapped by a new one.
The problem is occuring on other phones as well. It might be the cable though, but anyhow I will hear about it. :) Thanks!
rspees

Postby Jean Pierre Music » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:50 pm

I have the same issue with mine, it works for a bit maybe maybe 20-30 min sometimes less and the video keeps going but audio get frozen and repeats over and over like when you have a scratched record. It has become really annoying cause at that point I have to stop the live stream and I loose all my audience, some of them come back to my live stream and some just leave, I loose about 70% of my audience that don’t come back to my live stream every time this happen. I’m doing Facebook Live on my iPhone XS Max and getting sound from my Presonus Mixing board to the IRig Stream. The main reason I got this unit is to stream on this platform with better sound quality, feel really disappointed that is more fulfilling it purpose. I really hope IRig fix this issue.
Jean Pierre Music

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:42 am

Peter_IK wrote:
rspees wrote:This is still the case when I use my iPhone. And it is not at 40 minutes anymore but whenever I use the device on my iPhone, with any app. Also the iRig Recorder app!

Since you still have this problem I'd recommend seeking direct and official technical support from the IK Support team via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support if you have not done so already. They will be able to handle any issues, warranty, etc. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers