iRig 2 vs. iRig Stream

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig 2 vs. iRig Stream

Postby my3greens » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:03 pm

Looking to upgrade my iRig 2 over to the newer iRig Stream. I currently use the iRig 2 to do live DJ sets on FB and IG with my phone (Samsung S20+) as the video source. I'm just wondering whether or not I will get better sound quality with iRig Stream. Hoping somebody here can answer this.

Thanks a bunch.
my3greens

Re: iRig 2 vs. iRig Stream

Postby AngieCoffey79 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:39 pm

I would like to know this as well .. I am looking to buy an Irig and can’t decide what is best irig stream or irig 2 I want it to do live Facebook streams record from my mixer into my phone. Also want it for recording songs to post online later.
Any advice for which product would work best?
The irig stream or irig 2 ?
Thanks
AngieCoffey79

Re: iRig 2 vs. iRig Stream

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:13 pm

iRig 2 is a single-input (mono) audio interface.

iRig 2 plugs into the headphone jack thus is a direct analog connection and will be lower quality sound-wise on top of being a single mono channel.

iRig Stream has many other features best for streaming (and as an audio interface in general) on top of the stereo inputs and higher fidelity. Please see http://www.irigstream.com for more information.

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers