Irig 2 probelms with MacBook Pro retina 15''

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Irig 2 probelms with MacBook Pro retina 15''

Postby Hazz88 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:36 pm

I connected "Irig 2" from the mixer to the smartphone (Samsung s10+) and the audio is recorded correctly, even if you connect everything on a laptop, it works correctly. The problem occurs when I connect Irig 2 at the microphone input of the Macbook: the audio feels as if it were filtered, the bass are totally missing ... any explanation?
Hazz88

Re: Irig 2 probelms with MacBook Pro retina 15''

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:46 pm

Hi, have you checked to make sure your Mac is compatible with iRig 2? You can find the steps to do so here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... hp?p=specs
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Hazz88 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:53 pm

I have verified and it is compatible, moreover I have to specify that windows always use it on Mac with a partition so the device is the same, windows works and ios not.
Hazz88

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:55 pm

Hazz88 wrote:I have verified and it is compatible, moreover I have to specify that windows always use it on Mac with a partition so the device is the same, windows works and ios not.

In that case I'd suggest opening a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support if you have not already done so as they would be best-equipped to solve the issue you are having. Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Hazz88 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:26 pm

Thanks, i did another test today using an iPhone 6 plus.

In this case also the audio feels bad as it happens with the mac. I think it's a problem with the apple operating system: is it possible that they apply a filter on the bass for the microphone input?
Hazz88

Postby gilnunes » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:28 pm

I have the same problem..can't understand what is happening :?
gilnunes

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:29 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
Hazz88 wrote:I have verified and it is compatible, moreover I have to specify that windows always use it on Mac with a partition so the device is the same, windows works and ios not.

In that case I'd suggest opening a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support if you have not already done so as they would be best-equipped to solve the issue you are having. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Hazz88 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:33 am

gilnunes wrote:I have the same problem..can't understand what is happening :?

previously worked properly?
Hazz88

Postby gilnunes » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:30 am

Hazz88 wrote:

never.

I just bought it, to be able to make livestreams on Facebook or Instagram.

My setup is 1 mixer, 2 CDJ Pioneer and Traktor Audio 6 + Macbook Pro (only for using Traktor program).

I am using an RCA / 1/8 stereo cable to connect the mixer to iRig2, where RCA is in the master out of the mixer, and 1/8 stereo is connected to a 1/4 stereo jack, then connected to 1/4 ”TS instrument input from iRig2.

I’ve connected the Captive 1/8 ”TRRS cable to another MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), and I'm testing the OBS program, but the sound is very muffled, without bass ...
gilnunes

Postby Hazz88 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:42 am

gilnunes wrote:
Hazz88 wrote:

never.

I just bought it, to be able to make livestreams on Facebook or Instagram.

My setup is 1 mixer, 2 CDJ Pioneer and Traktor Audio 6 + Macbook Pro (only for using Traktor program).

I am using an RCA / 1/8 stereo cable to connect the mixer to iRig2, where RCA is in the master out of the mixer, and 1/8 stereo is connected to a 1/4 stereo jack, then connected to 1/4 ”TS instrument input from iRig2.

I’ve connected the Captive 1/8 ”TRRS cable to another MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), and I'm testing the OBS program, but the sound is very muffled, without bass ...

i have the same problem... unbelievable!!!
Hazz88

Postby gilnunes » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:45 am

Hazz88 wrote:

already tested on 2 different Macs, I start to come to the conclusion that the problem is the computer specs..
gilnunes

Postby Hazz88 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:51 am

gilnunes wrote:
Hazz88 wrote:

already tested on 2 different Macs, I start to come to the conclusion that the problem is the computer specs..

No, i use windows 10 with a partition on the same computer (macbook pro), when i start the computer system with mac os i have the audio problem, when i starti it with windows the audio is perfetct.
Hazz88

Postby gilnunes » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:56 am

Hazz88 wrote:
gilnunes wrote:
Hazz88 wrote:

No, i use windows 10 with a partition on the same computer (macbook pro), when i start the computer system with mac os i have the audio problem, when i starti it with windows the audio is perfetct.

really? but they say iRig2 only have compatibility with iOS (iPhone/iPod/iPad), Mac & Android..

> https://www.ikmultimedia.com/myinterface/
gilnunes

Postby Hazz88 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:04 am

I can confirm that on windows 10 the audio is perfect. Windows 10 is installed on macbook pro with Bootcamp.
Hazz88

Postby gilnunes » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:05 am

Hazz88 wrote:I can confirm that on windows 10 the audio is perfect. Windows 10 is installed on macbook pro with Bootcamp.

ok. using OBS?
gilnunes

Next

Return to Interfaces & Controllers