Tone shifting down

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Tone shifting down

Postby GregMourad » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:41 pm

We've been using a new iRig Stream to livestream for the last three weeks.

Intermittently, and following no pattern we can discern, the tone/pitch is being shifted down an octave or so, so none of our speakers sound like themselves. It is not slowed down, just tone-shifted.

If I plug headphones into the iRig itself, the sound is fine. If I listen to its output from my computer's sound control panels, it's tone-shifted. And the shift is definitely passing into OBC and through it out to the livestream.

We've had the problem using both the USB and the USB-C cables.

I'm primarily using a Windows 10 ASUS ROG laptop, though we experienced the same problem on a Windows 10 Toshiba Satellite laptop.

Any advice would be appreciated.
GregMourad

Re: Tone shifting down

Postby TomHol » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:46 pm

If it is an exact octave (1/2 the pitch frequency), it might be some confusion between sampling rates, e.g., 48kHz into a system that is outputting at 96kHz (or maybe I've got that backwards).
TomHol

Re: Tone shifting down

Postby rodrigo@sakakibara.com » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:54 am

Hi guys, I had the same issue here (tempo/tone reduction) on windows and started after changing the sample rate from 44KHz to 48KHz. Control Panel > Sound > Speakers (iRig Stream) > Advanced 24bit 44100Hz > Test > OK. Also check the recording settings that should be similar. Rodrigo
rodrigo@sakakibara.com

Return to Interfaces & Controllers