Irig Pre for PC

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Irig Pre for PC

Postby Joylee1974 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:51 pm

Hi folks.

normally I use this tiny stuff to record my play on a android device though I'm looking to a way to use for video chat on my window pc in occasion. mostly Skype. I have seen this is compatible with Ios, android and MacOS for recording however, when I plug it into my laptop's microphone port, it seems not working regardless. I have no idea how this tech logic goes, if it provides phantom power to condenser microphone, I think It should work though, is it not supposed to work with PC no matter what?

Thanks
Joylee1974

Re: Irig Pre for PC

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:17 pm

Hi, iRig Pre was not designed for PC so unfortunately in most cases it will not work. You would need a PC with a CTIA/AHJ wiring standard compatible port to work (combination input/output, and even then not all on PCs would work).

The better bet is iRig Pre HD https://www.ikmultimedia.com/irigprehd which would connect via USB and would also offer the benefit of much higher audio quality.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby steve@prompt-service.com » Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:57 am

I have an iRigPre HD which was working connected to my Windows 10 desktop in 2020-21 when I used it a lot during lockdowns, but when I connected it again the other week my PC is no longer recognising it.
Any tips appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve
steve@prompt-service.com

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:20 pm

steve@prompt-service.com wrote:I have an iRigPre HD which was working connected to my Windows 10 desktop in 2020-21 when I used it a lot during lockdowns, but when I connected it again the other week my PC is no longer recognising it.
Any tips appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve

Were you using iRig ASIO drivers? https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1340

If not, please install those per the FAQ and if you are or if that does not work please reach out to IK Support for direct assistance. Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby steve@prompt-service.com » Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:55 am

Thanks. I don;t know but it worked fine on the same desktop for a coupe of years, just not working now.
steve@prompt-service.com

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:06 pm

steve@prompt-service.com wrote:Thanks. I don;t know but it worked fine on the same desktop for a coupe of years, just not working now.

You should download those ASIO drivers as they are the official drivers. If that doesn't work, please reach out to IK Support and they'll assist you. Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby steve@prompt-service.com » Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:24 pm

I don't seem to be able to. I have an account but they don't appear as an option for me.
"No drivers download for your products"

And I can't see how to register mu iRig- purchased second hand.
S
steve@prompt-service.com

Return to Interfaces & Controllers