Church Live Stream setup from sound board/mixer

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Church Live Stream setup from sound board/mixer

Postby Chrisdorman1 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:40 am

Hello!

Like most churches now, we are live streaming (first time). We are currently running a budget setup and live streaming to Facebook using a cell phone (galaxy S10+). Video is "ok", but the sound is terrible. So, I heard getting an irig and running the sound from our board is the way to go. I wanted an irig 2 for this because it seems easier, but I bought an irig HD 2 since the irig 2 was sold out everywhere.

Can someone please walk me through how I set this up so that I can video live stream to Facebook using my phone but getting the audio from our sound board? We have a presonus studiolive 24.4.2. Also, do I need a TRRS (3 banded) 1/8" cable? To go from the phone to the irig.

The way I have seen other videos for the irig 2 is that the phone plugs into the existing 1/8" plug from the irig and a 1/4" cable goes from the "guitar" jack on the irig to the headphone out of the sound board. Is it the same with the irig HD 2?

Any help would be AMAZING!
Chrisdorman1

Return to Interfaces & Controllers