iRig PRO DUO issues

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig PRO DUO issues

Postby AJ2020 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:22 am

Hi All,
I hope everyone is well in these extraordinary times!
I’m trying to set up my iRig PRO Duo through my iPad running 13.3.1 just to Jam and learn how to record.
The blue lights don’t change from blue and I can’t get the amps to work in GarageBand.
Can anyone help out this newbie/rookie..
Cheers and stay safe!
AJ2020

Re: iRig PRO DUO issues

Postby sklemow » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:43 am

Hi, first of all do you have an iRig Pro Duo, or the new iRig Pro Duo I/O?

If it’s the previous model (not the I/O), I would first I would upgrade to iOS 13.4 if you can. Then I would hook up the Interface to your Mac or PC and run the firmware Updater (downloadable from the website) to ensure the iRig Pro Duo has the latest update.

Then, soft reset your iPad. Plug the Pro Duo in to the iPad, then swipe down to see if the audio source is set to the “iRig Pro Duo”, and if so verify that the icon in the upper right corner of the iPad audio output is blue, indicating that the tablet is porting audio through the external interface. If so, start up your iRig software, and if a pop-up window comes up saying that your Duo was detected and asks you if you want to record multi-channel audio, click “yes”. Then go to settings, make sure the input source says “digital audio”, and confirm that you can get an audio input signal and output signal flashing on the horizontal bars at the top.

If that doesn’t fix the problem, let me know!

—SK
sklemow

Re: iRig PRO DUO issues

Postby AJ2020 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:31 am

Hi SK,
Thanks so much for your assistance.
I have the older iRig Pro Duo...not the I/0.
- I've completed the upgrade to 13.4
I restarted the iPad and now have access to the garage band and AmpliTube amps and pedals which is great.
- As I type, the upgrade of the firmware seems to be stuck on 90% and won't complete.
So not sure, if I should unplug and try again or not.
Anyway,
I really appreciate your help on this.
Cheers
AJ2020

Return to Interfaces & Controllers