CONNECTING I/O STOMP TO AXE I/O

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

CONNECTING I/O STOMP TO AXE I/O

Postby Freedom55 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:35 pm

Hi
I just purchased an
Axe I/O and Stomp I/O and I want to just use the stomp I/O to control my wah pedals in amplitube 4. I cant figure out why it won't work. I have connected EXT 1 from stomp to EXT CONTROL on back of axe
please help.
Freedom55

Re: CONNECTING I/O STOMP TO AXE I/O

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:39 pm

You would need to use the MIDI IN/OUT on the back of iRig Stomp I/O to use it as a standalone MIDI controller. There should be information about MIDI connections etc in the manual for both products.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby alecarting » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:16 am

Hi Pete

Can you please go deeper with this reply? I am having the same problem. I have a midi cable conected from my irig stomp(midi out) to my axe io (midi in)... what´s next? what should I do in the axe io control panel? I want to control the wah pedals as well as to change presets in my standalone version. Looking forward for you answer
alecarting

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:17 pm

alecarting wrote:Hi Pete

Can you please go deeper with this reply? I am having the same problem. I have a midi cable conected from my irig stomp(midi out) to my axe io (midi in)... what´s next? what should I do in the axe io control panel? I want to control the wah pedals as well as to change presets in my standalone version. Looking forward for you answer

You want to connect both MIDI IN and MIDI OUT between the two devices. After that, iRig Stomp I/O should be available as a MIDI controller in your software that supports MIDI control.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Ale Cartin » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:35 pm

Thanks Pete. So guitar connected to axe as always and stomp midi out to axe midi in and axe midi out to stomp midi in. With this I can change presets with the switches and use expression pedal... I will tray later today and I’ll let you know how it goes
Ale Cartin

Postby alecarting » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:34 pm

Hi Pete

I followed your instructions but it doesn´t work. I can see the midi light in the axe io but when try the midi learn for a wah pedal in the vst nothing happens. Also the lights in my stomp are off (of course it is plugged to the power source)is this normal?
alecarting

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:42 pm

alecarting wrote:Hi Pete

I followed your instructions but it doesn´t work. I can see the midi light in the axe io but when try the midi learn for a wah pedal in the vst nothing happens. Also the lights in my stomp are off (of course it is plugged to the power source)is this normal?

Have you assigned the iRig Stomp I/O as the MIDI controller in AmpliTube or in your DAW (and assigned it to the track and/or plugin)? Beyond that I'm not sure and you'll need to talk to IK Support for some deeper and more specific technical assistance.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby alecarting » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:51 pm

In amplitube 5 under audio/midi - Midi Device__ The drop down menu only shows "2- AXE i/o" my
irig stomp is not even detected by amplitube. My connection line goes like this: Guitar to axe io - axe io to laptop via usb.... irig stomp midi out to axe midi in - axe io midi out to irig stomp midi in

Am I missing a connection?
alecarting

Postby alecarting » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:54 pm

Also, the light in MIDI OUT in my axe io is off in both the physical device and the axe io control panel... Only the MIDI IN is on
alecarting

Postby Miloszsudol22 » Fri May 27, 2022 1:35 pm

Guys,

I have the same problem, have you finished your installation? How it works for you ?
Miloszsudol22

Return to Interfaces & Controllers