Irig pro + Iphone 6s + Shure sm57?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Irig pro + Iphone 6s + Shure sm57?

Postby ozanozan » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:18 pm

Hello everyone!

I am new to Irig and to this forum so please forgive if I’m asking something silly.

I recently purchased an Irig pro and a shure mic, I am planning to record my bass at home. However i am kind of confused about my iphone 6s that has a 3,5 mm jack and a lightning port.

Do you think i can use i rig pro with my phone without any converters and all?

Thank you for the help!
ozanozan

Re: Irig pro + Iphone 6s + Shure sm57?

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:50 pm

iRig Pro, though currently discontinued and replaced with iRig Pro I/O, would function as your audio interface and would work with your SM57 as a microphone input. You could also go direct via 1/4" input on iRig Pro.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ozanozan » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:59 pm

Peter_IK wrote:iRig Pro, though currently discontinued and replaced with iRig Pro I/O, would function as your audio interface and would work with your SM57 as a microphone input. You could also go direct via 1/4" input on iRig Pro.

Thank you for the answer. I wouldn’t have any problems with iphone 6s right? Will irig pro work directly with lighting port or should i get a converter?
ozanozan

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:02 pm

ozanozan wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:iRig Pro, though currently discontinued and replaced with iRig Pro I/O, would function as your audio interface and would work with your SM57 as a microphone input. You could also go direct via 1/4" input on iRig Pro.

Thank you for the answer. I wouldn’t have any problems with iphone 6s right? Will irig pro work directly with lighting port or should i get a converter?

iRig Pro should have come with the lightning connector so you don't need any converter. I don't have specs for the discontinued product but with a 6S I'd be more concerned with apps running on whichever maximum version of iOS can be installed on a 6S rather than hardware compatibility.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers