iRig Pro Duo - 1 Channel - Facebook Live

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Pro Duo - 1 Channel - Facebook Live

Postby jmo1112 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:29 am

Hi. Is there any way to use the Pro Duo with only 1 mic channel and get, at the very least, a mono output on an app that is not the iRig Recorder? I realize I can use the iRig Recorder to get mono summed, and even have it running in the background, but when I do that and go on Facebook Live, or just shoot a regular video, the playback of that video only goes to the left channel.

Is this usable outside of the IK bubble, or am I stuck?
jmo1112

Re: iRig Pro Duo - 1 Channel - Facebook Live

Postby jmo1112 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:23 am

Did I stump everybody on this one? I know we're all quarantined these days so y'all can't be too busy to check the message board. :D
jmo1112

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:56 pm

Seems other users are not having this problem so I'd suggest seeking official tech support (as this forum is for user-to-user discussion, not official/direct technical support from IK) via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support if you haven't done so already.

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Jcoombs35 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:45 pm

Hello,

I am about to purchase the new IRig Pro Duo I/O.
As I do radio work was there a solution or workaround to mono sum both channels to the stereo output? For example a stereo Live stream with one microphone. I obviously don’t want to commit until I know it can.

Thanks
Jcoombs35

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:04 pm

Jcoombs35 wrote:Hello,

I am about to purchase the new IRig Pro Duo I/O.
As I do radio work was there a solution or workaround to mono sum both channels to the stereo output? For example a stereo Live stream with one microphone. I obviously don’t want to commit until I know it can.

Thanks

It depends on the app. Any app that you use for streaming must support summing two channels on a multichannel interface to one live stream.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Rcarnighan » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:47 am

I am sending my mic and guitar through a Digitech Live 3 for effects then outputting each channel into the iRig pro duo. I then use a Lightning Y-adapter (1 female to 2 female to split the mixed signal from the Pro Duo. One male lightning connector cable going out to the iRig Recorder (or Garage Band, or Vocalist, whatever your preference) which activates your duo pro interface. The second lightning cable split goes into your iPhone for ‘Facebook Video to Video‘ calls, iPhone camera video recording or for Facebook Live. Keep in mind you will need a lightning splitter adapter that is female on the input side and dual female on the splitter side. Both lightning cables leaving leaving the adapter will be male to male on both ends for obvious reasons. Hope this user to user info helps. Ron in NC
Rcarnighan

Return to Interfaces & Controllers