Question on Wah Pedals

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Question on Wah Pedals

Postby Vukaric » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:56 am

I was curious if I could use my (real) wah pedal running through my Scarlet 2i2 to control the Wharmonator in amplitube?

I haven't tried yet because it's late and everyones sleeping but if it's possible I could use an explanation on how to make that happen.

Thanks guys.
Vukaric

Re: Question on Wah Pedals

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:34 pm

Hey Vukaric,

Unfortunately, no, WAH pedals used with guitar amplifiers are meant for audio signals, these would not be able to send MIDI to your Mac/PC which is required to control parameters in AmpliTube.

Check out the iRig Stomp I/O for full control over AmpliTube.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/irigstompio
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Vukaric » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:33 am

Ryan_IK wrote:Hey Vukaric,

Unfortunately, no, WAH pedals used with guitar amplifiers are meant for audio signals, these would not be able to send MIDI to your Mac/PC which is required to control parameters in AmpliTube.

Check out the iRig Stomp I/O for full control over AmpliTube.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/irigstompio

Ah ok.
I can create automation clips for it in my DAW but it really doesn't feel the same lol.
Thanks!
Vukaric

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:00 pm

Another good option is to up your guitar tone game and get an AXE I/O or AXE I/O SOLO and connect an expression pedal :)
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Tidou41 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:50 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Another good option is to up your guitar tone game and get an AXE I/O or AXE I/O SOLO and connect an expression pedal :)

Which model feet without problem? (plug and play^^)
Tidou41

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:43 pm

Tidou41 wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:Another good option is to up your guitar tone game and get an AXE I/O or AXE I/O SOLO and connect an expression pedal :)

Which model feet without problem? (plug and play^^)

Either AXE I/O or AXE I/O SOLO will work with your system by installing their drivers and plugging them in. You can then plug in an expression pedal into the back and use it to control wah/volume/etc.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers