iRig Pro I/O records with low volume

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Pro I/O records with low volume

Postby beeltink » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:52 am

Hi,

I own an iRig HD2 and I think it's a great device! Just recently I also wanted to be able to record vocals and to charge my iPhone while working with Amplitube. So, I bought the iRig Pro I/O with the power supply. It works as expected, just the manual should state that it will only work when batteries are inserted or a power supply is connected when working with an iPhone, IMHO.

Now, when I record guitar or vocals, I notice that the recording volume is very low. Of course, I set the gain settings correctly, but the output signal going into the phone, which is recorded, is very low and I can't seem to adjust it. Only when I normalize my recording, the signal will be normal (as in three times as loud as when it was recorded). I was wondering if this is my iRig Pro I/O that is damaged, if this can be fixed with new firmware or that this is normal? I don't have this issue with my iRig HD2.
beeltink

Re: iRig Pro I/O records with low volume

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:53 pm

Hey beeltink,

Thanks for your post!

The iRig Pro I/O user manual states that iOS use will use batteries or an external PSU, but I will be more than happy to pass your feedback along.

The iRig Pro I/O should have no troubles getting a proper signal level. Try checking out the FAQs below and if these don't help, reach out to support. Any open support ticket numbers can be sent to myself via PM to be flagged down.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1281
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1232
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Interfaces & Controllers