Transfer iRig hardware between accounts

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Transfer iRig hardware between accounts

Postby BaphiK » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:19 am

Hi there,

I recently bought an iRig HD2 from someone who has stopped his hobby of creating music. He's pursuing other hobbies. The iRig is registered to his account and he would like to remove just the hardware, not the software (!!) from his account in order for me to add the hardware product to my account.

I talked to support via email and the only answer they gave me is that the seller has to buy a license transfer code... To me this is absurd policy! It's not about software, it's just the fact that he doesn't "own" the product anymore and therefor wants to remove it from his account.

Does anyone have other experiences or tips how this can be achieved?
BaphiK

Re: Transfer iRig hardware between accounts

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:44 pm

IK Support would need to continue to assist you with this. In the seller's IK User Area under "My Products" they will see iRig HD 2. The policy for any transfer is to do so via the My Products section and in this case the seller can click the Serials/License button and then "Transfer" and follow the instructions.

If you feel there is an issue with any policies/procedures, that must be handled with IK Support as this forum is not a medium for direct technical support nor can we make exceptions to the IK policies. IK Support will also have more information about what happens to the seller's software, etc once the iRig HD 2 hardware is removed from their account via proper transfer policies/procedures.

Without following the procedures that IK Support will continue to help you with, your iRig HD 2 will continue to function as an audio interface and you should have no issues with it in that way.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers