iRig Keys "Prog" button + Logic Pro X question

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Keys "Prog" button + Logic Pro X question

Postby oatbean » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:35 pm

Hi everyone!

First of all, I’m pretty new to all elements of my setup (Logic Pro X, MIDI and iRig Keys I/O).

I have my iRig Keys connected to my 2019 iMac

However, despite may lack of experience, I did managed to install the Control Surface Plugin and set up Logic to the point of being able to record multiple tracks with various instruments from Logic's virtual instruments library. Everything seems to be functioning pretty much properly between iRigKeys and Logic Pro X. The “Mod” button work, the “OCT” button works the transport buttons work. However, the “Prog” (Program) button doesn’t seem to do anything but increase and decrease the LED numbers on the iRigKeys input display.

I was hoping this “Prog” button would simply switch between virtual instruments so I could audition different instruments without need to reach for my mouse every single time.

Is there a way to make it function like that? Can someone here explain how? I’ve searched far and wide for a tutorial that might explain this and haven’t had any luck.

Perhaps I’m completely missing the point and misunderstanding the function and purpose of this “Prog” button.

Any help, guidance or advice is certainly appreciated.

Many thanks!
Rob
oatbean

Return to Interfaces & Controllers