IKM Stomp I/O connectivity with newer IOS devices

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

IKM Stomp I/O connectivity with newer IOS devices

Postby Willhignett » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:09 pm

Hi Guys,

I wonder if you can help, I have just purchased an Stomp IO and very much looking forward to getting it setup and working

I have an iMac, a Mac Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11 Pro, however I must be missing something, I cannot get any of the devices to interact with the pedal unit

I have download all the software, AmpliTube, AmpliTube acoustic, VocaLive, tunerpro etc on all my devices, registered the unit and activated the software and plugins and upgraded to the full plugins bundle

With the iPad Pro 2019 I have an issue with connectivity from the mini din to usb -c, the supplied mini din - lightning even with a converter doesn’t seem to work and recognize the pedal presses, as nothing happens on the iPad, after much googling I even purchased a usb hub to connect from the stomp via usb -b to usb 3 hun and the iPad via usb -c to usb -c.

I plugged it in via the usb -b (printer type port on stomp) to iMac and Mac book pro and cannot get the pedal working with the software, tried also to use a iPhone 8 connecting via lightning to mini din on stomp, again nothing seems to work pressing the pedals on the unit does not change the view on the software.

I have downloaded and read the user manual, looked at you tube videos of how it should work

I must be either missing an important step or maybe have a faulty unit

Thought I’d reach out to other people on this forum to see if there is a solution before admitting defeat and having to send the unit back

Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated as I’d love to get this thing working as the demos look amazing

Cheers

Will
Willhignett

Re: IKM Stomp I/O connectivity with newer IOS devices

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:36 pm

I don’t see that model iPad in the compatible devices list on the oRig Stomp I/O Specs page and third party adapters will always be hit or miss:

Compatible with iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPod touch 6th generation, iPod touch 5th generation, iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) 2nd generation, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) 1st generation, iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad mini, iPad 5th generation, iPad 4th generation. iOS 6 or later is required.

Also compatible with iPhone X, iPhone 7*, iPhone 7 Plus*, iPad 9.7-inch (6th generation 2018)*.

*Note for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad 9.7-inch (6th generation 2018) users: iOS 12 or later is required.

You may want to reach out for official support from IK Support to see if they have any other suggestions or information.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers