iRig Stomp I/O, Windows 10, Preset Switching Sound Corruptio

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Stomp I/O, Windows 10, Preset Switching Sound Corruptio

Postby mrmikeinnh » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:25 am

I have an iRig Stomp I/O using Amplitube on Windows 10. When in preset switching mode, about 1/2 - 2/3 of the presets of the 25 or so I have, will typically switch fine without any sound corruption. But there are some I switch to that will immediately corrupt the sound. I go into Audio Settings, change the buffer size (doesn't matter if I change it up or down) and the sound goes back to normal, which is odd that I can lower the buffer size and it will be fine. Later I may switch to another preset, and it may or may not corrupt the sound, remedied again by the switching the buffer size. The buffer sizes, even to the smallest, seem fine if staying on the same preset, but will corrupt at times only when switching presets with the Stomp I/O. I don't seem to experience any other sound corruption except through this operation. I've tried using the 1024 buffer size, and it just doesn't make any difference. My laptop has plenty of processing power and 32 GB of ram, and I can only imagine it must be a problem in the Windows Exclusive Mode operation. Any thoughts on how to prevent this issue altogether without having to worry about manually changing the buffer size each time after it does happen?

Thanks
mrmikeinnh

Re: iRig Stomp I/O, Windows 10, Preset Switching Sound Corru

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:12 pm

Hi, have you tried ASIO4ALL? There is an entry in the IK FAQ that explains all the settings, etc that are necessary: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1076

That may help or at least troubleshoot, though if you still have an issue after using ASIO4ALL you would want to seek official support from IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support so they can get you sorted out.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mrmikeinnh » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:50 pm

That entirely solved the problem! Thank you very much for the quick and insightful help as it's greatly appreciated! I'm not sure if I missed that in the manual or my forum searches, but am really glad I posted to the forum for help.

Happy New Year to you and the IK Multimedia team! :D
mrmikeinnh

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:56 pm

mrmikeinnh wrote:That entirely solved the problem! Thank you very much for the quick and insightful help as it's greatly appreciated! I'm not sure if I missed that in the manual or my forum searches, but am really glad I posted to the forum for help.

Happy New Year to you and the IK Multimedia team! :D

You're welcome! Happy New Year to you and yours too!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers