Does anyone know how to get Stomp I/O to work with macbook?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Does anyone know how to get Stomp I/O to work with macbook?

Postby jmeddy118 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:20 pm

I just purchased an iRig Stomp I/O and have upgraded my Amplitube 4 to Amplitube Max with the free upgrade with hardware purchase. Now the problem is, I can't get it to work.

I have the Stomp set up and plugged into a USB on my Macbook. I'm running macOS Mojave 10.14.6. I have my guitar and headphones plugged into the board. I open the Amplitube Max program and nothing... No sound, no detection of any input going into the program.

I see on the Stomp board that the LED lights next to the gain dial are registering an input into the board, but there is nothing on the output side next to the volume knob. No LED activity there at all.

The pedal buttons work in the program, as I switch between stomp and preset modes, the screen on the computer changes, so I know it is getting the command signals, just no signal from the instrument.

Even more frustrating, I reverted back to my iRig HD2 which I was using with Amplitube 4 (and worked) and now that is not working. I see the LED light flashing green/orange/red, but no signal is actually going into the Amplitube Max program and registering.

I've tried the Stomp is my iPhone 11 and the Amplitube App and that works. I get an audio signal into the program and out to the headphones, so I know the Stomp unit works.

What am I doing wrong here to get the Stomp I/O and also now the iRig HD2 to work with Amplitube Max on my Macbook? I don't want to use the apps, I want to use the program as that's where I have all of the unlocked gear.

Is there an issue with the Amplitube Max software and compatibility with hardware?

Any info would be greatly appreciated as there are no set up tutorials and the IK provided manual is absolutely useless.
jmeddy118

Re: Does anyone know how to get Stomp I/O to work with macbo

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:33 pm

Sorry to hear you aren't finding the information available helpful. AmpliTube MAX should work flawlessly with iRig Stomp I/O, especially as an audio inteface on Mac systems as it is a class-compliant interface. I would suggest seeking official and direct technical support from the IK Support team who will assist you and get you up and running via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jmeddy118 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:36 pm

Thanks Peter. I’ve opened a ticket and am waiting for the response.
jmeddy118

Postby jmeddy118 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:04 pm

Here is the solution that worked:

On Macbook:

Go to Preferences > Security & Privacy > Click on Privacy Tab > Click on Microphone on the Left.
On the right scroll down to see AmpliTube 4. Check AmpliTube 4 box to allow app to access microphone.

This box was previously not checked for me.

All works now.
jmeddy118

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:18 pm

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers