Irig HD interface and recording guitar with fl studio 20

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Irig HD interface and recording guitar with fl studio 20

Postby jesheesh » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:31 am

So the other day, a friend of mine decided to give me his old Irig hd guitar interface . I don’t have a Mac nor do I want to record with my iPhone. So I just recently got FL studio 20 for my Windows PC and the ASIO4ALL program to try and start recording some guitar tracks for the first time ever . I’m brand new to recording and the software and everything that comes with it. You could say I’m something of a new born infant in the music production world.

With that being said I was able to teach myself enough with the internet to get everything working properly , except one thing that is just beyond me. That being the latency of my guitar when it comes out of the speakers while I’m playing . I can’t not seem to find the right settings or help guide to point me in a direction of finding my exact problem. As well as why I can’t get it as close to perfect as possible. As if I’m playing through my amp normally .

Can anyone offer some insight or give a few tips or leave a link to get me some help with this .... well... lag.
jesheesh

Re: Irig HD interface and recording guitar with fl studio 20

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:23 am

Try the following FAQs. These should help get you set up.

Remember Audio Buffer Size sets your Latency time. Latency time is the gap between what is played and what is heard. A lower Audio Buffer Size will pull more power from your system, but allow for less Latency. A higher Audio Buffer Size will do the opposite. It's best to find a good middle ground when setting this value for your use. Recording requires lower latency times, but mixing/mastering latency is less of a concern. Each system will be slightly different. I like to start recording sessions at 256 and go down from there. In mixing sessions, I normally start at 1024.

Optimizing Windows 10 for Audio Recording

How to get started with your iRig and ASIO4ALL

How to control AmpliTube in your DAW*

Let me know if you have any other questions or interests. :mrgreen: :ugeek:

*This one is not for FL Studio exactly, but the concept is the same. Hope it helps!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Interfaces & Controllers