BlueBoard expression pedal causes BiasFX to max out CPU on i

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

BlueBoard expression pedal causes BiasFX to max out CPU on i

Postby k-earley » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:23 pm

Hi all, up until about a month ago I was happily using BlueBoard to change patches, and control a volume pedal in BIAS FX, but now when I use the volume pedal it causes BIAS FX to stutter/glitch the audio, and I can see the CPU going WAY into the red.
I'm using iRig Blue Board software ver 1.0.4 (6C25) and BIAS FX ver 1.9.7.4393 (DSP Engine 2179).
Has anyone else experienced this, or found a fix/reason for the problem?
Thanks!
k-earley

Re: BlueBoard expression pedal causes BiasFX to max out CPU

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:27 pm

Very strange. I have no idea but I am sure IK support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support or Bias support can assist more directly with something like this.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby k-earley » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:52 pm

Thanks, I've spent a couple of hours on this since posting, and I'm 99% sure it's nothing to do with the BlueBoard or its software. Something in BIAS FX is doing this, and I've also realised that when I move the Expression/Volume pedal, on screen the "virtual volume pedal" is moving on and off the "it is active" line, meaning that BIAS FX is turning it on and off at the same time as trying to respond to CC11 data. If I find a fix I'll post it here.
k-earley

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:01 pm

Thanks, not glad to hear that it isn't iRig BlueBoard but glad you were able to pinpoint further and I'm sure they'll be able to assist.

Also great that you offer to let people know if/when there is any more information.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby k-earley » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:48 am

I found the solution. Something in the Bias FX update reset some of the controller settings so that instead of responding to CC11 for volume, it was in fact responding to the data as a request to enable/disable the volume pedal AND simultaneously turn expression up and down.
Changing the MIDI Controller settings in Bias FX solved the problem, then I had to go through each patch and get the expression pedal to re-learn to respond to CC11.
Can you imagine this happening the day before a gig....?
k-earley

Return to Interfaces & Controllers