Help Needed for Stealth Pedal Drivers

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Help Needed for Stealth Pedal Drivers

Postby gibs0n62 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:27 pm

Ok, This is my first post to the forums, please bear with me.

I purchased a used Stealth Pedal and there was no box or cd with it. (It seems to me that someone wanted the Amplitube and not the Stealth Pedal). I have no product code to be able to register it, so at present, it is only good as a door stop.

Now ... What gets me is this. The Stealth Pedal is now a Legacy unit and I assume unsupported by IK Multimedia for driver updates etc. I can't be the only 2nd owner to have this issue and logic tells me that this is a missed P.R exercise for IK. Their slogan is "Musicians First" and what better way to achieve that than to have people using their product ?

What would make common sense is for IK Multimedia to make legacy drivers available for a charge (this is not a case of "something for nothing") and would enable 2nd users of Stealth Pedals possible and useable. With the current system of "one registration per product, one time" puts people off of IK Multimedia products and affects their popularity. As it stands, it's "Buy it new and if it is neither supported or wanted, it goes in the bin" on such an expensive unit, for sure, puts me off of further IK Purchases and loss of sales of other additions in "Custom Shop", which is where IK could make a fortune.

Does anyone have any suggestions here ?

Kind Regards
gibs0n62

Re: Help Needed for Stealth Pedal Drivers

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:57 pm

If you contact IK Support they will be able to get you the latest available drivers and MIDI Control software. Mind you, this still will not be compatible with some OSes (for example, not likely to work on macOS Catalina) but will work to the specs of when they were posted.

IK Support can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby gibs0n62 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:46 am

Hi Peter_IK . I sent a support ticket and received a reply from someone called Vincent. I misread the Licence Transfer Credit method and now not only have I a Stealth Pedal with no drivers, but also a Transfer Credit paid for that I can't use :(
gibs0n62

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:28 pm

Hi, the moderators and admins of this forum are not able to assist with purchases that may have been made in error or similar but you can reply to your support ticket to let the rep know what's going on and they should be able to advise you on what you can do.

Edit - note that Vincent did send you the latest available drivers in reply to your ticket. The post above sounds like that wasn't done but he did send the latest available to you. Just in case anybody is confused as I was at first reading the above or if you didn't see that notification etc as I don't believe there was a reply to the ticket after that.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby gibs0n62 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:35 pm

Hello again Peter_IK ..

I have checked my emails and indeed, Vincent has sent a 2nd email with a link to the drivers for this unit. I would like to thank both yourself and Vincent for your attention and helpfulness in this matter. Shine on IK ... you are absolute stars :D
gibs0n62

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:39 pm

Thanks for coming back to let me know! Well met! I'm very happy that you will be able to do what you need to do with your Stealth Pedal.

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers