iRig blueboard still needs app to pair?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig blueboard still needs app to pair?

Postby jodenmi » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:59 am

I seem to recall reading somewhere that the latest blueboard does not need the blueboard app to pair and work with an iPad?

I have the latest model as it has NO usb port (in the battery compartment) I also tried updating firmware but it keeps saying it is already the latest.

Is there some reason it will not work without the blueboard app running in the background? If I turn the app off after pairing, the blueboard is then not seen by any other apps.

Thanks
jodenmi

Re: iRig blueboard still needs app to pair?

Postby jodenmi » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:31 am

anyone??
jodenmi

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:10 pm

The iRig BlueBoard can work with or without the iRig BlueBoard app. Without the iRig BlueBoard app, the device will need a way to connect to iOS. As the iOS Settings menu does not allow MIDI over Bluetooth devices to connect directly, this needs to be done in a compatible app. For example Loopy HD, MIDI Flow, or GarageBand.

If you do not have a way to connect the iRig BlueBoard to your app, you can use the iRig BlueBoard app to send MIDI CC and MIDI PC messages to your app via Virtual MIDI.

When using AmpliTube or VocaLive, the iRig BlueBoard app is not needed. This is because the Menu -> Settings sections of these apps include their own iRig BlueBoard section.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby jodenmi » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:12 pm

lovely - thanks :) Oh and Ryan can you please confirm what the latest firmware is?
jodenmi

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:22 pm

jodenmi wrote:lovely - thanks :) Oh and Ryan can you please confirm what the latest firmware is?

No problem :D If your unit does not have a USB port, this has the MIDI over Bluetooth update. The MIDI over Bluetooth update was version 1.1 and is only required on the original units with USB ports. I say original because a lot of units with USB ports are already updated for the user. Now, there is an OTA (Over the air) update for firmware version 1.2. This is irrelevant to the older iRig BlueBoard units. This updates focus is optimizing the external control inputs. This is a download on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby jodenmi » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:38 pm

coolio :) thx much!
jodenmi

Postby ajr2contguit » Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:36 pm

Hello IK Support

I'm thinking to buy a CME WIDI JACK to pair a multi effect unit (Headrush MX5) with the iRig Blueboard.

Idea is to change patches through the iRig Blueboard.

Will it work ?

Thank you
ajr2contguit

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:04 pm

ajr2contguit wrote:Hello IK Support

I'm thinking to buy a CME WIDI JACK to pair a multi effect unit (Headrush MX5) with the iRig Blueboard.

Idea is to change patches through the iRig Blueboard.

Will it work ?

Thank you

I'm not familiar with that specific product but I believe that would work as it functions as another connected MIDI device. You might want to consult IK Support directly via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/hw or the CME folks but it seems that the unit you mention adds a MIDI device connected to your device so it should be pretty flexible.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ajr2contguit » Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:10 pm

Thank you Peter

I sent the same query to CME and they replied it will work as well.

Kind Regards

Angel
ajr2contguit

Postby ajr2contguit » Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:48 pm

Hi Peter

I just want to add an update about the WIDI Jack and iRig Blueboard connectivity.

So far, the way to make them both work is through the Audiobus app, selecting the MIDI route putting the Blueboard as Input and WIDI Jack as output.

In further detail, having the blueboard started in A mode and working its app selecting the CC and Midi Channel in one hand and from the WIDI Jack side using its app to update firmware and moving the switch in the back of WIDI Jack to A, using in my case an iPhone with Audiobus as explained, both devices connects and works with the Headrush MX5.

It is not the best solution so far, because it implies to use the iPhone to keep the connection working through both (iRig Blueboard and WIDI Jack) through Audiobus app.

I tried to connect them using the B mode in the iRig Blueboard, to avoid use the iPhone, apps etc, and it seems they connect but nothing happens in the Headrush MX5.

Hope this helps to others, and if there is any suggestion from IK side, more than happy to hear.

Thank you
ajr2contguit

Return to Interfaces & Controllers