iRig HD2 PC Sound No ASIO Driver Access & Latency

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig HD2 PC Sound No ASIO Driver Access & Latency

Postby Ian.c » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:57 pm

Hi Folks

New here and just installed my iRig HD2 to my PC via the provided USB.

I have a Realtek HD Audio Card with the latest Win 10 Drivers
ASIO4ALL Installed
Head Phones plugged into the iRig HD2 phones socket
Blue light on iRig HD2

In Amplitube4, when attempting to select ASIO as the technology the message 'Could not initialize audio device' is popped. The only technology selection I have from the menu is the 'DirectSound' option.

This works but the latency going to my speakers is shocking (1 second roughly) and even the latency to my phones is noticeable, the sound is quite distorted too. The Buffer default on this DirectSound option is 2048, selecting lower buffers, seems not to affect the latency (it's just as bad) but the quality of the sound degrades dramatically.

I know the ASIO driver works as I have Reaper and GuitarRig working with little latency and reasonable quality sound too. BTW - those applications are not running at the same time as Amplitube, so it's not a driver availability issue as far as I can tell.

Suggestions on what I might check in order to get ASIO working as the technology and driver would be very gratefully received.

Cheers

Ian
Ian.c

Re: iRig HD2 PC Sound No ASIO Driver Access & Latency

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:13 pm

ASIO4ALL should work well, please make sure you follow the steps in this FAQ and you should be all set: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1076

If you have already done so, or this doesn't help, please open a ticket with IK Support for official technical support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Ian.c » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:37 am

Thanks for the links.

Up and running fine thanks to all who read my post.

Ian
Ian.c

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:05 pm

Great to hear! Thanks for rolling back and updating.

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers