Performing live with irig stomp I/o?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Performing live with irig stomp I/o?

Postby Huntthegod » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:14 am

So I want to buy an irig stomp i/o to perform solo live. Ideally I would be able to have a drum track on my iPad while looping my guitar on top of it. My questions are.

1. If I play a drum track on AmpliTube and loop my guitar over, can I pan the guitar to one side and the drum to the other? This way I can run them as separate line outs. And my guitar can go to my amp and the drum track to a mixer.(or a dedicated input on my amp with separate controls)

2. How does AmpliTube work when running other apps? What happens when you have a drum track playing and switch to another app like vocalive? Will AmpliTube keep playing the drum track?

I mostly want to plug the stomp i/o into my amp but separate the drum and guitar, as I play alone and want to setup with as much simplicity as possible without having a bunch of diff pedals. I have no experience gigging on stage but want to be able to get into it with the equipment I get. If the stomp i/o isn’t ideal for this can anyone recommend a setup for me.

I’ve been looking for a video where someone performs an entire song(without vocals) on an iPad and stomp i/o by playing the drum track on AmpliTube but in a live type setting. Where they can start the drum track and play along and loop over. And then explain the setup. This would answer a lot of my questions. If these questions have already been answered I apologize for repeating questions. Thanks.
Huntthegod

Re: Performing live with irig stomp I/o?

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:44 pm

Hey Huntthegod,

Let's see how I can help.

Huntthegod wrote:1. If I play a drum track on AmpliTube and loop my guitar over, can I pan the guitar to one side and the drum to the other? This way I can run them as separate line outs. And my guitar can go to my amp and the drum track to a mixer.(or a dedicated input on my amp with separate controls)

Yes, depending on your software playing your music, this should be possible.

In AmpliTube iOS you can have the 8-Track Recorder (IAP) playback your drum tracks on the left and play your guitar on the right. The outputs on the iRig Stomp I/O should then let you send both signals separately to the mixer.

The AmpliTube 8-Track Recorder would not allow the Looper to be used at the same time as this function, so you would need to pre-record your first or second guitar parts to play along or you could use AmpliTube and the AmpliTube CS (Free) app together to accomplish this.

There are other apps which would allow for similar use. Check out Cubasis, Auria, Audiobus 3, and Loopy HD.

Huntthegod wrote:2. How does AmpliTube work when running other apps? What happens when you have a drum track playing and switch to another app like vocalive? Will AmpliTube keep playing the drum track?

There is a Background Audio function in the Menu -> Settings for both AmpliTube and VocaLive. This would allow you to run both apps together and switch between the two and/or other apps as well.

Huntthegod wrote:I mostly want to plug the stomp i/o into my amp but separate the drum and guitar, as I play alone and want to setup with as much simplicity as possible without having a bunch of diff pedals. I have no experience gigging on stage but want to be able to get into it with the equipment I get. If the stomp i/o isn’t ideal for this can anyone recommend a setup for me.

This set up should certainly be possible. In combination with the various useful audio apps the iRig Stomp I/O on iOS should be a very powerful tool.

Huntthegod wrote:I’ve been looking for a video where someone performs an entire song(without vocals) on an iPad and stomp i/o by playing the drum track on AmpliTube but in a live type setting. Where they can start the drum track and play along and loop over. And then explain the setup. This would answer a lot of my questions. If these questions have already been answered I apologize for repeating questions. Thanks.

While he doesn't loop, and I don't have an exact example for you, check out the Greg Koch performance which shows him using iRig Stomp I/O live with a band.

IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby ajr2contguit » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:47 pm

Hi Ryan

Hoping you can help me

Lately I started to use Sampletank (using MIDI Guitar app) with Amplitube together connected through Audiobus, I’m using the BlueBoard with the two exp pedals. (iOS device with iRig HD2)

With the exp pedals I control the volume output of each one separately (Amplitube and Sampletank) though the Audiobus mixer.

The down side of this when playing live is the battery life of the device, and iOS and iRig HD2 additional holder

Can I use the iRig Stomp I/O for the same ? I heard something like that once the iOS device is connected through the cable to iRig Stomp I/O it turns to work only with Amplitube blocking the use any other app in my case Midi Guitar + Audiobus + Sampletank + Amplitube ? So it is not possible to use them like I’m doing now ?

Many Thanks in advance
ajr2contguit

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:49 pm

ajr2contguit wrote:Hi Ryan
Can I use the iRig Stomp I/O for the same ? I heard something like that once the iOS device is connected through the cable to iRig Stomp I/O it turns to work only with Amplitube blocking the use any other app in my case Midi Guitar + Audiobus + Sampletank + Amplitube ? So it is not possible to use them like I’m doing now ?

Thanks for posting! Let's see how I can help.

Yes. iRig Stomp I/O could replace iRig HD 2, you won't loose any functionality, and you'll be able to charge your device during use.

*No iRig Stomp I/O is not limited to only working with AmpliTube. iRig Stomp I/O will send MIDI to any compatible apps open looking for MIDI.

iRig Stomp I/O would also give you some more possibilities in the audio realm if you ever need XLR connections, Phantom Power, and/or 1/4" line outputs (which are particularly useful to send your signal to a mixer in a live situation).

If you want to continue using your iRig BlueBoard, iRig Stomp I/O won't interfere with that connection.

*Note, unlike your iRig HD 2, the iRig Stomp I/O does use a 1/4" headphone output. Be sure to have an adapter ready.

Hope this helps!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Interfaces & Controllers