BlueBoard Bluetooth connection issue

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

BlueBoard Bluetooth connection issue

Postby nicklasheltorp » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:53 am

I am running macOS Catalina (Version 10.15) on my MacBook Pro 13" 2019. I would like to connect my BlueBoard to my computer but my Mac don't seam to find the BlueBoard. I have tried to both connect with the BlueBoard software for Mac and also by going into midi system settings but the Mac simply don't find the BlueBoard. The BlueBoard works on my Windows laptop and on my iPad/iPhone.

Any ideas what the issue is?
nicklasheltorp

Re: BlueBoard Bluetooth connection issue

Postby dlgebert » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:14 pm

You said the "C" word. :o

The moderators will inevitably send you to this link:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=macoscatalina

FWIW, my AXE I/O works fine with Catalina, but it's a class compliant audio device, which I commend IKM for their forward thinking design. All of my musical computer based devices are class compliant and by design, don't rely on external OS dependent drivers. I wouldn't have bought the AXE I/O if it wasn't class compliant.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_driver

Dave
dlgebert

Postby bonky » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:11 pm

I recently purchased irig BlueBoard and have had a terrible time trying to get my MacBook Pro to see the BlueBoard .My iPad sees it immediately so it was driving me mad that the MacBook couldn’t pair.After trying different things this is what I have discovered works re connecting the BlueBoard to the MacBook Pro .Open audio midi setup,midi studio,open Bluetooth configuration.Turn on BlueBoard while holding down”B”,audio midi setup should now see the BlueBoard.Turn off the BlueBoard,and turn back on while holding down “A” and now open BlueBoard app and it should see the BlueBoard and connect.
This has worked for me and now I can get on using the BlueBoard
bonky

Postby nicklasheltorp » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:03 am

Hi Bonky

I have tried this after seeing a youtube video of a guy doing this but it does not seem to work on my computer. I am running MacOS Catalina 10.15 and brand new MacBook Pro 13". What is your setup?

I have spoken to apple support and they don't have any idea of soultion. I have also been in contact with IK and did get a mail yesterday saying that MacOS 10.15 will "bring some changes that will affect my use of IK and other software". IK is working on a solution for all of their products. I wish I could have waited with the installation of Catalina. Maybe I install Mojave instead.

Thanks in advance!
nicklasheltorp

Postby bonky » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:05 am

HeyNick
I’m running MacBook Pro 15 with OS10.14.6
Unfortunately I would say 10.15 is the problem,as all the vendors I have software from have all said don’t upgrade yet.
Hopefully an update might come soon
bonky

Postby nicklasheltorp » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:01 am

I tried once more just now and your way to connect the blue board actually worked. :shock: :D :shock: But if I turn off the BlueBoard and then turn in on again it wont reconnect. I coundt even get into midi-studio without restart of my computer.

Great!
nicklasheltorp

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:58 pm

nicklasheltorp wrote:I tried once more just now and your way to connect the blue board actually worked. :shock: :D :shock: But if I turn off the BlueBoard and then turn in on again it wont reconnect. I coundt even get into midi-studio without restart of my computer.

Great!

Please continue to work through IK Support. They will assist you with issues like this and get you sorted.

Though if you are on Catalina, yes you'd want to wait for updates as we still don't recommend upgrading (like most audio companies). We have updated some products for Catalina recently and will update the news about Catalina whenever we have new information.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby nicklasheltorp » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:11 am

Now I went back to Mojave on my MacBook Pro 13" 2019 (to see if that was the reason). I still have the issue that my BB does not connect to my MacBook Pro 2019 but connects to all other devices I have tried (iPad, iPhone, Windows 10 computer).

Anyone else here running a BB with a Mac from 2019? Have you experienced the same issue? Any solution to the issue?

BR Nicklas
nicklasheltorp

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:16 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
nicklasheltorp wrote:I tried once more just now and your way to connect the blue board actually worked. :shock: :D :shock: But if I turn off the BlueBoard and then turn in on again it wont reconnect. I coundt even get into midi-studio without restart of my computer.

Great!

Please continue to work through IK Support. They will assist you with issues like this and get you sorted.

Though if you are on Catalina, yes you'd want to wait for updates as we still don't recommend upgrading (like most audio companies). We have updated some products for Catalina recently and will update the news about Catalina whenever we have new information.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers