Acoustic Stage & Garageband - Weak Signal

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Acoustic Stage & Garageband - Weak Signal

Postby khousen » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:53 pm

I connect my iRig Acoustic Stage (AS) to my late 2015, OS 10.14.6 iMac with a micro USB to USB A cable. I have the AS clip-on mic on the guitar, and have also tried running a 1/4" cable from the guitar into the AUX input on the AS. Garageband sees the iRig, but the signal levels are really low, even when strumming hard on the guitar.

I've tried the calibration on the AS, made sure that the input levels are turned up all the way in Garageband and the volume is all the way up on the AS, but still have unusable weak signals.

Also tried recording a video in iMovie with the iRig. If I amplify the input audio signal in iMovie by 400%, it's just barely useable.

I contacted IK Support. They asked for a video clip showing my setup. But it's been over 2 weeks w/o a response.

I know other's have posed similar questions and are referred to IK Support, but I haven't seen if anyone has actually been able to solve this problem. Any comments? Has anyone been able to get the AS to work with Garageband?

Thanks
khousen

Re: Acoustic Stage & Garageband - Weak Signal

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:56 pm

What is your ticket number? IK Support would need to assist you with such an issue. Please let me know and I'll find out what happened with your ticket.

Please also note the guidelines posted at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505 with regard to posting support issues where there's already an open request to the team. In short, you should post or PM your ticket number.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby khousen » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:21 pm

Yeah, I meant to post the ticket number, but alas. The ticket number is #9653458. Thanks.
khousen

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:26 pm

Thanks, I've relayed that information.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby backinhumanform » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:29 pm

Hi khousen

Did you receive an answer to your query? I am having the same problem.

Thanks

Joe
backinhumanform

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:58 pm

backinhumanform wrote:Hi khousen

Did you receive an answer to your query? I am having the same problem.

Thanks

Joe

Not all issues that seem the same are (they rarely are, from my experience) so the best way to get help with your specific issue would be to also open a ticket with IK Support so you can get direct and official technical support. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers