IRig stomp io with iPad Pro 2019

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

IRig stomp io with iPad Pro 2019

Postby john.franklin3 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:54 am

Please can someone tell me that using an adapter to change to USB C that this setup works ok.
Thinking of buying a iRig stomp io but not sure if it definitely works!

IPad Pro 2019 11inch usb c + iRig stomp + usb lightning to usb c adapter
john.franklin3

Re: IRig stomp io with iPad Pro 2019

Postby john.franklin3 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:16 pm

I’m answering my own question after no reply’s.
I got the iRig stomp io
Works with the supplied mini din to lightning lead on my old iPad.
No such luck with my iPad Pro 2019 11inch the iRig doesn’t even light up with the mini din to usb c lead I purchased from IK As a separate item.
I don’t expect any answer to this, I didn’t get one on the last one but I am warning others.
If anyone is getting the iRig Stomp io working with a 2019 usb c /thunderbolt please let me and others know and how you managed it.
john.franklin3

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:52 pm

This is a user-to-user forum, if you needed a quick answer to a technical question, the official IK Support staff is available at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

The reason the USB-C to Mini-DIN IK cable doesn't work is because it is not for iRig Stomp I/O. The listing on the IK store states the following:

USB-C to Mini-DIN cable for iRig MIDI 2, iRig Pro, iRig Pro Duo, iRig HD, iRig Keys I/O, iRig Pads. 60 cm / 23.62".

It is not compatible with iRig Stomp I/O per that description that is presented above the Buy Now button. IK Support can guide you if you need more advice on how to get iRig Stomp I/O working well with your compatible devices.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:37 pm

To add onto Peter's reply. We also do have an FAQ on the topic of USB-C and iOS device compatibility.

Check it out here.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby john.franklin3 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:07 pm

Thank you for your helpful replies
john.franklin3

Postby john.franklin3 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:43 am

This has worked for me , using the usb on the iRig Stomp io into the hub
But also running a usb c into the hub to power the iPad Pro
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ethernet-Adapt ... B07KXT7D3X
john.franklin3

Postby streamlinepro » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:43 pm

As of right now the 2018 (usb c) iPad Pro is not functional with my irig. I’ve tried multiple cables, resets, firmware updates and tech support requests. After more than two weeks of less than helpful email messages with support they have now gone silent and still my unit does not work with my iPad Pro. I’ve scoured the forums and tried every trick in the book and as of right now?....nothing. Works fine with my iPhone 8. Not so with iPad Pro 2018
streamlinepro

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:58 pm

streamlinepro wrote:As of right now the 2018 (usb c) iPad Pro is not functional with my irig. I’ve tried multiple cables, resets, firmware updates and tech support requests. After more than two weeks of less than helpful email messages with support they have now gone silent and still my unit does not work with my iPad Pro. I’ve scoured the forums and tried every trick in the book and as of right now?....nothing. Works fine with my iPhone 8. Not so with iPad Pro 2018

Please see these guidelines as to what to do if you're posting about an issue with an existing ticket: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers