Foot Switch Pedal through Amplitube 4? 6i6

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Foot Switch Pedal through Amplitube 4? 6i6

Postby studiotommy » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:16 pm

Hello I have been having a hard time figuring out how to use a foot switch pedal with Amplitube. I have a Focusrite 6i6 interface, and Amplitube 4. I play guitar either out to my Rokit 8's, or my Sennheiser Headphones. I have a foot switch pedal from my EVH amp. It has a 1/4" jack. I assume there is a way to plug this 1/4" jack into my Focusrite interface to be able to switch clean to distorted when connected to amplitube 4.

Can someone please help me figure this out.

Thanks in advance
studiotommy

Re: Foot Switch Pedal through Amplitube 4? 6i6

Postby frankgravante » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:20 am

I do not think that will work. I think you need a usb foot pedal that interfaces with your computer as a controller which sends to the software, the same way your mouse click does for example- I think you set up the signal from the USB foot switch to emulate the command needed...fir example, pressing the keyboard’s “space bar” starts and stops the looper. If the foot pedal emulated a “space bar” command, then pressing it will start and stop the looper. I do not know of a command in AmpliTube 4 that switches an Amps channel to achieve switching between the clean and distortion channels, or that will control software pedals. I am here to research it myself.
frankgravante

Return to Interfaces & Controllers