Amplitube 4 - TEST on none IK interfaces?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Amplitube 4 - TEST on none IK interfaces?

Postby skidude88 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:34 am

I've just seen the Brian May Custom Shop. This is something I'd REALLY be interested in. I've downloaded the 9 day Amplitube 4 trial hoping to see what's what.

I currently use Pod Farm with a Line 6 - POD Studio GX.

Does Amplitube 4 software have to run on IK interfaces, or can it run on others. I've tried with my line6 and get an error to check that the Record\Playback Sample Rates match, which they do! I've tried all options - 16\24bit and 44100\48000 - just get the same error.

Can't find anything anywhere saying it shouldn't work!

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

James.
skidude88

Re: Amplitube 4 - TEST on none IK interfaces?

Postby dlgebert » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:36 am

skidude88 wrote:Does Amplitube 4 software have to run on IK interfaces, or can it run on others.

James,

I started using Amplitube 3 on my POD Studio UX1 several years ago and it worked ok. Amplitube is not a dongle based software like POD Farm is.

I ditched my POD Studio UX1, which is just a recycled Toneport and got an AXE I/O, which is amazing. And it didn't need any drivers on my iMac, it just works.

Amplitube should work fine with your GX if your Line 6 drivers are working properly. I should mention that I've never used the stand alone version of Amplitube, so maybe that's where your issue is.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby skidude88 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:58 am

I'm running windows 10.I've already updated the driver to latest, (was a few behind) made no difference to the error.

Device is listed ok. Amplitube accepts as a output device, then allows to select it as Input, which then gives the error sample rates don't match, when they're identical.

If anyone can confirm that ver4 works\should work?
(with all respect to last reply, looks like ver 3 was released 10 years ago! Things might have changed since! )

Thanks.
James
skidude88

Postby skidude88 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:01 pm

Bah - Hadn't seen the ASIO GX option - D'op! (was previously tryna use "Windows Audio"

Sorted. Had to drop the buffer size to lowest to negate the delay.

Hopefully Mr May will be visiting at Christmas and leaving a custom box as a stocking filler!
skidude88

Postby dlgebert » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:28 pm

skidude88 wrote:with all respect to last reply, looks like ver 3 was released 10 years ago

James,

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I started on version 3, now I'm on the latest version of Amplitube 4, which is v4.9.0. I just wanted to illustrate how long I was using a POD Studio with Amplitube. I'm always on the latest version of any software

I see your issue is resolved so best of luck.

I'm using an AXE I/O now and it's great. I literally threw away my POD Studio UX1, which had Toneport on the circuit board... :D

Dave
dlgebert

Postby dlgebert » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:20 pm

skidude88 wrote:Hopefully Mr May will be visiting at Christmas and leaving a custom box as a stocking filler!

The Brian May collection is a great add on to Amplitube 4 and I'm thoroughly enjoying it! :mrgreen:

Dave
dlgebert

Return to Interfaces & Controllers