Stomp I/O midi use in GarageBand

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Stomp I/O midi use in GarageBand

Postby Olby7016 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:22 pm

Hi,

Can anyone help with using the Stomp I/O as a midi controller in GarageBand? I run amplitube 4 as a plug in but when trying to assign midi controls it doesn’t seem to be reading as a midi controller. I managed to get it set up in Ableton 10 but would prefer to use GarageBand as I find it simpler to use. I’ve sent a support ticket over 2 weeks ago and haven’t heard anything back.

Thanks
Olby7016

Re: Stomp I/O midi use in GarageBand

Postby danjer » Fri May 15, 2020 6:39 pm

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same problem. Trying to use a wah using Amplitube as an AU plugin in Garageband but it doesn't seem to recognize the Stomp as a midi controller.
danjer

Postby danjer » Wed May 20, 2020 9:58 am

For anyone looking for the answer to this, GarageBand doesn’t support midi assignments so controlling the plugin or DAW using Stomp I/O will not work.

It does work with Ableton (comes bundled) and Logic Pro X which I just grabbed v10.5 of and it’s brilliant!

Here’s how to get the expression pedal to work with Logic.
• create an audio track
• set Amplitube as effect
• within Amplitube right click object (i.e. Wah-pedal) "assign automation" to any "param" number
• In Logic go to menu "Logic Pro X/Learn assignment for ...." (or press CMD+L) and press MIDI controller to let Logic learn the MIDI parameter
• when recording track, set automation to "touch"
• when playing back the track set automation to "read"
• with automation set to touch you can at any time rerecord just the automation
danjer

Postby chris.dent » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:57 am

danjer wrote:Here’s how to get the expression pedal to work with Logic.
• create an audio track
• set Amplitube as effect
• within Amplitube right click object (i.e. Wah-pedal) "assign automation" to any "param" number
• In Logic go to menu "Logic Pro X/Learn assignment for ...." (or press CMD+L) and press MIDI controller to let Logic learn the MIDI parameter
• when recording track, set automation to "touch"
• when playing back the track set automation to "read"
• with automation set to touch you can at any time rerecord just the automation

Thanks, yes that is brilliant. I had been trying to figure it out and there were no online tutorials that were of any help. These simple steps fixed it, except I opened a 'guitar or bass' track instead of an audio track.
chris.dent

Postby suhblyme » Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:11 pm

When the heck are they going to fix this? Who's side is responsible... IK or Apple? It's absolutely RIDICULOUS that the Stomp IO cannot control the plugin inside of a DAW.

I mean, I can't even get the controller to show up in the app in logic. Logic will recognize it as an audio input source, but I get nothing.... guitar is plugged into Stomp IO, USB cable to my Mac, Logic audio input source set to Stomp IO..... but I'm getting no input... no green level indicators. And no, i'm not in Standalone mode.
suhblyme

Return to Interfaces & Controllers