How do I connect AXE/IO for reamping

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

How do I connect AXE/IO for reamping

Postby reapermusic » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:14 am

Guys can someone guide me on how to set up Axe/IO for reamping using a hardware amp cab modeler?
It's the only feature I have yet to try because I don't know what to do nor have I ever done it. Lol
If it helps at all I'm using Reaper.
As far as connections it's amp out from AXE into line in of amp cab pedal...out from amp cab pedal back into input 1 of the AXE? Am I at least doing that right?

I did open a support ticket earlier just checking in to see if anyone can drop some advice this way

Loving the unit this far
reapermusic

Re: How do I connect AXE/IO for reamping

Postby ShoeHash » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:04 pm

Connect a 1/4 inch instrument cable from the Amp's input, to the Axe's amp out. Plug your instrument into the AXE I/O as normal. The sound will now be broadcast out of your amp, which you can then Mic and Record. Pretty sure that's how it works.
ShoeHash

Postby reapermusic » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:46 pm

ShoeHash wrote:Connect a 1/4 inch instrument cable from the Amp's input, to the Axe's amp out. Plug your instrument into the AXE I/O as normal. The sound will now be broadcast out of your amp, which you can then Mic and Record. Pretty sure that's how it works.

Hi ShoeHash!
I just finished responding with a long message but then got an SQL error message and I lost the entire thing!
Anyhow thanks much for your suggestion I was able to record a dry DI and wet simultaneously, awesome! Before this I was able to reamp an already recorded dry DI but so happy that this worked! My main issues were how the hell to set up my routing within my DAW properly. Your suggestion worked like a charm in recording both dry and wet simultaneously very cool thanks much!
reapermusic

Postby anderport » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:09 pm

Ok
anderport

Return to Interfaces & Controllers