iRig Pro Duo cannot to use PSU when plugged to iPad/iOS?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Pro Duo cannot to use PSU when plugged to iPad/iOS?

Postby astrzelecki » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:31 pm

Hello IK Multimedia,

I recently bought my 2nd IK Multimedia product -> iRig Pro Duo to record some grooves from Novation Circiuit. I have iRig Mini Amp with optional PSU. I tried to use this iRig PSU 9175 as according to the specs it can work also with iRig Pro Duo, but it did not worked for me when connecting to iOS when batteries were not inserted.
Then I have installed the batteries, but they seem to be still discharging regardless PSU being plugged.

I found some statement in the iRig Pro Duo manual: "For iOS users: when working with iOS devices, iRig Pro DUO only works when powered by two AA batteries."

Does it really mean that iRig Pro Duo will not use PSU at all when connected to iOS device?

It is really quite strange since iRig Mini Amp has no such limitation.

Besides this problem the products are really great.

Regards,
-- Adam
astrzelecki

Re: iRig Pro Duo cannot to use PSU when plugged to iPad/iOS?

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:52 pm

That means that it isn't powered by they iOS device itself. The manual states this about external power:

Connecting an external power supply

If you want to play for an extended period of time when connected to your iOS device, you can connect the DC In port on iRig Pro DUO to an external power supply (not included), this way you don’t need to worry about iRig Pro DUO’s battery life.You can use any guitar pedal power supply unit: 9VDC - 500mA

IMPORTANT: the external power supply will NOT charge the device’s battery.

I did all of our NAMM live streams using iRig Pro DUO with an external power supply connected to an iOS device. It works very well.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby astrzelecki » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:15 pm

Well, it does not work for me. Plugging just iRig PSU 9175 makes device completely not functional when connected to my iPad. When I insert batteries then it works with iPad, when I insert both PSU & batteries, it works with iPad too, but the batteries are discharged.
Therefore I have created support ticket #4637929. Hopefully we can get the problem nailed down. Regards, Adam.
astrzelecki

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:50 pm

astrzelecki wrote:Well, it does not work for me. Plugging just iRig PSU 9175 makes device completely not functional when connected to my iPad. When I insert batteries then it works with iPad, when I insert both PSU & batteries, it works with iPad too, but the batteries are discharged.
Therefore I have created support ticket #4637929. Hopefully we can get the problem nailed down. Regards, Adam.

I'm sure IK Support will be able to resolve your issue. Thank you
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers