Irig Pro I/O - line level out to monitors

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Irig Pro I/O - line level out to monitors

Postby xmortenx » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:26 am

Hi :) Is it possible to connect the only output - headphone out, to a pair of monitors or a regular line level recorder and how is the sound quality if doing so - compared to, lets say the Duo`s regular 1/4 inch outputs ?

I remember when using the headphone out of a Nord Electro Keyboard, that the signal would sound slightly bloated compared to using it`s regular line level main outs.

So In short: Will the sound quality suffer from using the headphone amp as a line level output or have IK put some fancy electronics in that makes it possible to use it as line level without signal loss or bloating?

The reason is that I use an Iphone as a sampler for pianos etc. with a midi keyboard that sends midi to the Iphone 8 to trigger that. Then the resulting audio signal is feed to a regular line level desk for recording and monitoring. It looks like Irig Pro I/O would be perfect for that job due to its small size. However if the output sound suffers in any way from only comming from the headphone out I would rather purchase a Duo even though is bigger and I do not need the preamps and the stereo option.

xmortenx

Return to Interfaces & Controllers