iRig Stomp i/O Power and Control Issue

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Stomp i/O Power and Control Issue

Postby Fozdyke » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:25 pm

I have just purchased an iRig Stomp I/O to work with my iPad 2019. This is the 2nd unit I have tried in the last week and both appear to have the same problem which is why I am hoping there is something obvious I am doing wrong.

When I plug in the unit nothing happens (through the PSU) - no lights, nothing. If I plug in the IPad the switches will light up when pressed but they do not change anything in the Amplitube app (if I open the tuner I can see that no input is getting to the apps). If I turn on the microphone I can see that input gets to the tuner that way - obviously nothing happens on the output (as I don't think the board is generating any output).

I purchased the USB C cable that was available in the store but that doesn't power the board, The only one that does is the Arktek USB-C adapter that was recommended.

I am at something of a loss as to what to do next or has this been a common fault with recent units?

I raised a ticket (#9411979) about 5 days ago but had nothing back from support.

Do I return this unit to amazon and hope 3rd time lucky?
Fozdyke

Re: iRig Stomp i/O Power and Control Issue

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:38 pm

Hey Fozdyke,

Thanks for your post, sorry to hear of your troubles.

Please work with our team, they should be able to offer the best route here. I've bumped your request, so they should be getting back today. Thanks for your patience so far.

Check out the FAQ in the meantime. We've updated some entries which could help here.

Click here for the iRig Stomp I/O FAQ
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Jesson0907 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:32 pm

I have the same issue, plug in and there is nothing happened. No light, no reaction.
Worst product experience ever.
Jesson0907

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:51 pm

Jesson0907 wrote:I have the same issue, plug in and there is nothing happened. No light, no reaction.
Worst product experience ever.

I'm sure IK Support can assist you too. Please open a ticket with IK Support for direct and official support for your issue via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby sandro@sacra.ch » Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:16 pm

Hi did you find a solution to this? I experience the same although my iRig Stomp worked fibe before. Could there be a fuse issue?
sandro@sacra.ch

Postby mikedj73 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:10 am

This is my second Irig stomp Ive purchased. The first unit had 2 faulty switches so it's unusable. I contacted support and because it was out of warranty they did nothing to rectify the situation. Needless to say that I am still sore over that situation. I do love the product so I purchased a second unit. Ive had no issues until a few days ago. I rarely use the unit with my iOS devices but I decided to use it with my iPad. I plugged it in with the supplied power cord and the stomp light comes on for a second and then it immediately shuts off. Ive never used a different power cord so we can eliminate that scenario. I purchased a brand new PSU 3A from the IK Mulitmedia multimedia and that also did not work. Please help
mikedj73

Return to Interfaces & Controllers