Hooking up Irig HD2 to iPad

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Hooking up Irig HD2 to iPad

Postby Music Fusion » Tue May 07, 2019 8:28 pm

I just received an IRIG HD2 and I was hoping to hook it up to my iPhone X and iPad. I had no problem hooking it up to my iPhone X because it came with the right cables.

But I can't seem to hook it up to my iPad. This is because my iPad comes with the 1/8 stereo plug. So, how would I hook my IRIG HD2 into this iPad?

Thank-you
Music Fusion

Re: Hooking up Irig HD2 to iPad

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue May 07, 2019 9:02 pm

Hey Music Fusion,

Thanks for jumping in the conversation.

The iRig HD 2 is a digital device which would use the Lightning port on your iPhone X or iPad. The 1/8" headphone port should not affect this behavior.

The iRig HD 2 would connect via a Lightning to your iPad. Headphones or external speakers will connect to the iRig HD 2 directly, not your iPad headphone port.

Hope this helps!

Remember, support can always be reached at the link below.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Music Fusion » Tue May 07, 2019 9:08 pm

Thank-you. I have a 9.7" 6th generation Ipd, which does not come with a lightening jack. It only comes with a headphone jack (1/8"). It also has a jack for power charging, but it is one of those jacks that were being used just before the new type.

I am happy using my iPhone, but I was just wondering how it would hook up to my iPad.
Music Fusion

Postby Music Fusion » Tue May 07, 2019 9:11 pm

Sorry...forget my question. I was mistaken about what port my iPad has. All is well now. Thank-you
Music Fusion

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue May 07, 2019 9:11 pm

Music Fusion wrote:Sorry...forget my question. I was mistaken about what port my iPad has. All is well now. Thank-you

Glad to hear :D
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Interfaces & Controllers