Stomp i/o and Bias FX iPad

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Stomp i/o and Bias FX iPad

Postby darcyboyer » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:06 pm

I've been trying to get Stomp i/o working with bias fx on my iPad and I'm having mixed results.

The 1st issue I noticed was a very high level of noise wehn working with the iPad compared to working with my Mac. I found that working on some cable management I was able to reduce noise levels a bit but I really had to be aggressive with the noise stomp box to get it down to a workable level. Bias FX did a better job of bringing the nose levels down then Amplitube did.

The main challenge has been getting midi to work consistently with Bias FX. I have no issues with Amplitube (this was expected).

The first time I started up, in default clicking switch 1 to 4 would bring up presets 1 to 4 in bank 8 no matter what bank I was in. I worked on this for awhile, deleting any existing midi programming and nothing really seemed to work until all of a sudden it did. I could long press switch 1 or 2 to change banks and then clicking switch 1 to 4 would fire up the right preset. I then went to stomp mode and set a couple of switches to control a couple of stomp boxes and all was fine.

I went back to default mode and that all seemed to work for awhile but then it stopped working again. Hitting a switch would bring me back to a particular preset but this time for a different bank. I haven't been able to get back to a point where the default mode works the it is supposed to work.

What am I doing wrong?
darcyboyer

Re: Stomp i/o and Bias FX iPad

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:22 pm

This thread should have some helpful information viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14901&p=87170
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Stomp i/o and Bias FX iPad

Postby Peter Shadgett » Sun May 19, 2019 6:31 pm

In relation to this post from November 2018:

“Set your volume pedal in Biasfx to CC#11
Set Wha on/off in Biasfx to CC#15 found in Settings midi assign. Then you can use the switch under volume to toggle wha. . .”

I assigned the Biasfx volume pedal to CC#11. It works, but it crackles quite loudly when I first begin to depress the expression pedal. It happens each time I get to a certain volume level.

Is there a way to get rid of that crackling sound?

Peter Shadgett
Peter Shadgett

Return to Interfaces & Controllers