AXE I/O firmware

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE I/O firmware

Postby dave207 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:52 pm

Are there any changelogs for the latest AXE I/O firmware firmware?
dave207

Re: AXE I/O firmware

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:12 pm

Yes, you can find them in your IK User Area but here there are:

AXE I/O - Ver. 1.1.0 - Release Notes

Changes from version 1.0.2:

• Route instrument input 1 directly to the Amp output to record both DI and amplified signals simultaneously, with zero latency.
  • Tuner can now be configured to mute inputs when engaged, for silent tuning.
  • Outputs 1 & 2 can now be mirrored to outputs 3 & 4, to send the same signal to two different destinations more easily.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dave207 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:14 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Yes, you can find them in your IK User Area

Ahh yes, I knew I'd seen them before somewhere, thanks.
dave207

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:18 pm

You're welcome. If you weren't aware (or other people reading this thread are not), this update was inspired by input from the masterful Joe Satriani who is now in the IK family of artists (news here).

Here's his great video about recording guitar in the modern age, using AXE I/O and AmpliTube:

https://youtu.be/GR_F490t8CE

Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby BlackSun3 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:34 am

Hi, just bought an AXE I/O.
1.1.0 is the AXE control software version,what is the last firmware version?
And how do you update it?
BlackSun3

Postby dlgebert » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:01 pm

BlackSun3 wrote:what is the last firmware version?

BlackSun3, the current version as of this post is [v.1.04].

BlackSun3 wrote:And how do you update it?

I have an iMac, so these screen prints are from MacOS, but there should be something similar on Windows.

Image not available on server.
    Please refer to the AXE I/O User Manual.

Dave
Last edited by dlgebert on Thu May 28, 2020 4:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
dlgebert

Postby BlackSun3 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:47 am

dlgebert wrote:I have an iMac, so these screen prints are from MacOS, but there should be something similar on Windows.

Thanks for the answer - this was helpful.
On Mac OS, I suppose it's all about the Finder.
On Windows, right-clicking on the Axe icon in the taskbar gives the same result:

Thanks for the firmware version too, same here.
Have a good day!
BlackSun3

Postby PUSH.VINYL » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:06 am

Hi,

I cannot register my AXE I/O with the barcode number on the bottom and I do not have the serial anymore.

Does anyone have the latest firmware update file they can give to me and how do I install it manually to my device using Mac?

Please help me to register my device, I can prove that I have the softwares registered but I do not have the serial card for the hardware unit anymore!
PUSH.VINYL

Postby DarkStar » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:56 pm

Getting the firmware from anywhere other than IK Multimedia could expose you to risks / malware and would contravene the EULA.

The best thing to do is Search the FAQs first, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a red button link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:37 am

IK Support will definitely provide a link to the firmware. Please reply to your ticket that you do not have the card and they will still be able to help.

Also please review the rules before posting, especially whilst frustrated...
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby PUSH.VINYL » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:40 am

I have replied to my ticket #7259399 twice now and they have not provided me with any further reply.

I chose Asia when lodging the ticket as I live in Australia - I am dealing with someone in Japan, is this the right person for me to be speaking with?

Any help regarding the escalation and urgent resolution of this ticket will be greatly appreciated.
PUSH.VINYL

Postby PUSH.VINYL » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:41 pm

Hello...?
PUSH.VINYL

Postby garfy » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:34 pm

Hello PUSH.VINYL

Sorry to hear you’re having problems. Point 1 of this guidelines thread advises you as to next steps in these cases.

Please be advised that the official support team do not generally work at weekends which might make an impact on them seeing your replies.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:33 am

PUSH.VINYL wrote:I have replied to my ticket #7259399 twice now and they have not provided me with any further reply.

I chose Asia when lodging the ticket as I live in Australia - I am dealing with someone in Japan, is this the right person for me to be speaking with?

Any help regarding the escalation and urgent resolution of this ticket will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the information I have relayed it.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby BlackSun3 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:20 pm

Hello, still have troubles - I didin't use my AXE for a long time, because of illness, and since yesterday, did try to make it work with AmpliTube 4 and 5CS, but ...
First, I've got firmware 1.05 (wich I think was provided by a support tech) although I see here the last is the 1.04.
When I launch AT4 in stand alonr version (did not test for vst ), it has windows audio drivers. Can't detect ASIO device ...
I suppose this is related to the sound pbms I have sometimes with AT4 ("swiming pool" sounds from time to time like if I was hurting a real valve amp with reverb on ,which makes it pretty unusable for recording).
From time to time too, I've got a very distorted, auwfull sound. I may fix that by selecting another driver, then coming back to ASIO one.
On AT5, launched in standalone version (vst not tested) the ASIO driver is selected.
But I hear only the dry sound (I have first to select the good input in the recorder page to see input and output bars react when playing).
If I change the driver (windows audio, directsound), same thing:
If I change gear, put some reverb, etc .. nothing happens, only dry sound ...
I did install the last firmware updater, in case there was a new firmware ... but no device found ...
An idea?

(P..S: my computer has an I7 CPU, 32 Go ram, so no perf issue at his point, I think - Windows 10 home 64 bits version)
Last edited by BlackSun3 on Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BlackSun3

Next

Return to Interfaces & Controllers