iRig HD2 and guitar quality

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig HD2 and guitar quality

Postby yzer69 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:25 pm

Hi,

Newbie question. I am thinking about buying an iRig HD2 and play just for some fun and try to learn some. Now…..I have this old budget electric guitar. Will i be disappointed? How much does the guitar quality affect the sound? Or does this magical little box convert everything so it won´t matter what guitar I have?

Or should I invest in a new guitar as well?

kind regards

Richard (Sambora wannabe)
yzer69

Re: iRig HD2 and guitar quality

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:51 pm

Hi, iRig HD 2 is a great option for getting your guitar signal into and out of your device, but it probably won't work magic on a guitar that doesn't sound really great. That said, you'd be surprised at the quality of "budget" guitars these days so I think you should give your existing guitar a go as long as it has the features you like (the type of pickups/settings, whammy bar or not, etc) and see how it sounds.

It is most important to get a solid signal that is not too hot (clipping) nor too low. Give it a whirl and see how that guitar sounds.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers