Can you use headphone output of iRig PRE without phone?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Can you use headphone output of iRig PRE without phone?

Postby pedrohead » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:44 pm

I'm looking for a cheap, compact way to power a condenser mic, and monitor output through headphones. The iRig PRE looks like the perfect thing for what I want to do, if I don't also have to have it plugged into an iPhone in order for the headphone jack to be operational.

Can anyone who has one of these speak to that? Can you listen to the mic plugged into the PRE through the headphone jack without a phone connected to it? Thanks.
pedrohead

Re: Can you use headphone output of iRig PRE without phone?

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:14 pm

That is not possible, unfortunately. You need to plug iRig PRE into a compatible device for it to work.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby pedrohead » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:23 pm

Thanks for the reply. So will it simply not power the phantom power without a phone plugged in, or what does the phone do that enables the mic in jack to pass audio to the headphone jack?

Thx again.
pedrohead

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:06 pm

pedrohead wrote:Thanks for the reply. So will it simply not power the phantom power without a phone plugged in, or what does the phone do that enables the mic in jack to pass audio to the headphone jack?

Thx again.

It will not pass any audio. It is an audio interface so it must be connected to a device to pass audio, it is not a standalone unit.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby pedrohead » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:18 pm

Got it. Any other hardware that you would recommend to accomplish that task? Thx.
pedrohead

Return to Interfaces & Controllers