No access to Post FX by Blueboard?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

No access to Post FX by Blueboard?

Postby wolfgang.hefele » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:32 am

It looks like Blueboard in Direct FX mode does not allow permanent access to Amplitube's two post-FX effects. Each time the preset is changed, only the first four effects can be switched using the A to D buttons. Is there no solution to this problem?
AmpliTube/CS, iRig2, iRig HD2, Blueboard, iPhone7, iPad, MacBook Pro, AmpliTube4
wolfgang.hefele

Re: No access to Post FX by Blueboard?

Postby d10221 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:22 pm

I don't have a Blueboard, but I'm thinking on buying one.
So let me take a shot at this.
You have 4 switches, and you want to switch on/off a 5th slot?

In any case,I don't see a Global/Control-Change Parameter listed in Amplitube
d10221

Postby wolfgang.hefele » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:05 pm

d10221 wrote:... You have 4 switches, and you want to switch on/off a 5th slot?

Yes, but I want to switch only 4 slots: slot 2, 3, 4 and one of the Post-FX-slots (but not slot 1 where I have the noise gate). That works indeed until I change any preset.
AmpliTube/CS, iRig2, iRig HD2, Blueboard, iPhone7, iPad, MacBook Pro, AmpliTube4
wolfgang.hefele

Postby d10221 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:14 pm

I see, I would also like to know if its possible but ...
I don't see a Global/Control-Change Parameter related to the Post-Fx listed in Amplitube.
Probably..., doesn't have "automation" option.
d10221

Postby d10221 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:11 pm

I was wrong, there is a cc parameter for LoopFx.
An effect has to be present to be populated.
Go to MIDI / Control Change / Add / LoopFx -> Slot No -> ByPass
See if you can add the cc Blueboard switch is sending.

As per BB manual, MIDI over Bluetooth mode 2, sends CC#20 CC#21 CC#22 CC#23 for switch A, B, C, D respectively.

You could set:
CC#20: Stomp1
CC#21: Stomp2
CC#22: Stomp3
CC#23: LoopFx/Slot1
d10221

Postby wolfgang.hefele » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:54 pm

Thank you. I have to try that occasionally. I'm not familiar with that MIDI stuff.
wolfgang.hefele

Postby wolfgang.hefele » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:47 pm

I go to "SETTINGS - External Control - MIDI" and get the message "Use iRig MIDI 2 or iRig PRO I/O to connect Amplitube with any standard MIDI pedalboard". Unfortunately I have only iRig2.
wolfgang.hefele

Postby d10221 » Fri May 03, 2019 4:18 am

Those settings you mention are App Settings Interface selection, the message is quite 'generic'
You already have a Blueboard connected, so you don't need an extra controller
You need to 'MIDI Learn' the controller's messages.
To do that, set BB to "MIDI over Bluetooth mode 2"

MIDI over Bluetooth mode 2 From the manual:
1. Push and hold the “C” button and then switch ON the device.
This way the BlueBoard will start up in MIDI over Bluetooth mode 2 mode.
After having done this the Status LED will start flashing blue.
2. From the app, follow the procedure to connect to iRig BlueBoard. Once the connection is successful, the iRig BlueBoard status led will light up steady blue

You probably did already step 2, not sure if you need to do it again

Now go to the App find the 1st Pedal and press and hold the main switch
The should prompt you to assign a 'message'
Press BB switch #1
Do the same for BB Pedal No. 2 and 3, with BB Switches #2 and #3
Then go to FX and select with 'fx' you want to switch on/off, press and hold the main switch/button (bypass)
The app will propmt you to assign a message
Then press BB switch#4

Note that I don't have Blueboard, if the manual is correct that should do it.
d10221

Postby wolfgang.hefele » Mon May 06, 2019 6:44 pm

Thanks again for your help and patience. BB is not detected, when I switch it on in MIDI Mode 1 or 2. The blue LED keeps flashing and the app shows an endlessly rotating sign and says "Select the device you want to use from the following list". But there appears no list.

When I switch BB on in BB-mode holding the "A" switch there appears the setup menu with the assignment of the 4 switches to the 4 effects. I can also choose between PRESET mode and DIRECT FX. I choose DIRECT FX. After closing setup the Amplitube app works fine and I can bypass the effects in slot 2, 3, 4 and post FX - until I change any preset.
wolfgang.hefele

Postby rozsalaszlo » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:15 am

Hi Everybody!
I use Amplitube app with Blueboard pedal, Iphone SE 2020. Another month ago, I was struggling to restore the factory pedal associate after saving in Direct FX mode. I can only engage the pedals in the first four places.

In this video, the manufacturer shows how well it works, when in reality this is not the case.

https://youtu.be/YDuaUmwaeVk?t=47

I have already written to IK Multimedia 5 times and I have not received any response. I would like to ask if it works well for you? Save user-set pedal associate?

I look forward to your answers! Thanks!

Laszlo
rozsalaszlo

Postby rozsalaszlo » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:26 pm

wolfgang.hefele wrote:It looks like Blueboard in Direct FX mode does not allow permanent access to Amplitube's two post-FX effects. Each time the preset is changed, only the first four effects can be switched using the A to D buttons. Is there no solution to this problem?

Hi Wolfgang!

I'm having a problem. I have written to IKMultimedia several times, they did not respond. I would like to ask if we have managed to find a solution since then?

Thank You!

Laszlo
rozsalaszlo

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:07 pm

Make sure to save your presets if you have custom assignments with the iRig BlueBoard. These will retain when you recall your presets this way. If no assignments are saved and you recall a preset the app will default to pulling the closest pedal it 'thinks' you want.

If you're loading your presets through Favorites/Program Changes make sure these were saved after your assignments were made.

If you have any troubles after saving your presets, send me a PM. I'll see what we can do while support gets back. Send me the Ticket # of your contact with your PM please. I can flag your case down.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby rozsalaszlo » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:41 am

Hi Ryan!

Thanks for the reply! I've already tried everything. I put the preset in the favorites, saved it among the user presets. After recharging, the factory pedal assignments are restored. I don't think we should have this factory assignment. It is up to everyone to decide which button to switch to.

My Tickets:

#9726346 (2020.07.08.)
#5692602 (2020.07.13.)
#5072782 (2020.07.16.)
#1991467 (2020.07.20.)
#7903143 (2020.07.20.)

I look forward to your response!

Thank You!

Laszlo
rozsalaszlo

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:51 pm

Please also send Ryan a PM if you have not done so as he requested so he will definitely see your information. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rozsalaszlo » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:00 pm

What is PM? I'm sorry but I do not know. Thanks!
rozsalaszlo

Next

Return to Interfaces & Controllers