iRig Stomp i/o Tonebridge compatible?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Stomp i/o Tonebridge compatible?

Postby AZULJAY » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:30 pm

I posted a previous topic about troubleshooting start up with the iRig Stomp. I made some progress and found out that it appears I have a bad power cable. I bypassed this by using the USB lightning cable and rotating the ipad plug in cable and it appears to have solved the navigation issues within the Amplitube app. So for now that seems to be solved and why initially I was unable to navigate within the application or get a signal picked up from my guitar.

Aside from that, I am still having issue with using the iRig Stomp i/o with Tonebridge.
I think I was given bad advice that this device would be able to navigate the pedals and pedal boards within the Tonebridge app. I chose this device over the blueboard or stomp pedal because it had 4 pedal buttons and I assumed that would control the Tonebridge app.
I am now thinking that this device is not compatible with Tonebridge and that I need to get either the blueboard or the regular small stomp pedal.

Any advice out there?
AZULJAY

Re: iRig Stomp i/o Tonebridge compatible?

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:12 pm

Yes, it will work as a MIDI controller for any app that supports MIDI control. I would suggest working with (or continuing to work with) support if you are having issues.

Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby AZULJAY » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:30 am

Thank you for the reply.
So how would I go about connecting the ipad which has Tonebridge and docking it to the iRig Stomp i/o if I am to use midi controls? what accessory cable do I need?

I was contemplating buying a iRig blueboard but there have been mixed reviews on if that works well enough.
I prefer to be hardwired not wireless for latency issues and would prefer to salvage the investment I just made with the iRig Stomp.

So if you don't mind maybe informing me of how to properly make that connection would be great!

Thank you!
AZULJAY

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:54 am

iRig Stomp I/O comes with the proper cable to attach to your iPad with Lightning connection:

Lightning to Mini-DIN connection cable (60cm/23.62")
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby AZULJAY » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:06 am

I already connected to my ipad with the lightning cable.
It does not control the Tonebridge application, not the pedals or pedals within a pedal board.
I have used all the included cables. the basic power cable is no good evidently as when it's used for power it shows red light on the first pedal button but will not receive a signal from the guitar. I removed it out of the equation and used the USB/USB2 cable to a power adapter and then to the wall outlet. At that point with the lightning cable connected to the ipad, I was able to get a signal, tune the guitar, and navigate through the Amplitube app.
I need to get better with navigating that application but I made progress by removing the basic plug in.

However I am unable to manipulate / navigate within the Tonebridge application even when the ipad is docked properly.
I can use an Apogee guitar interface and the Tonebridge application works fine but I have no ability to switch presets and pedal tones within a pedal board set up etc.
So it's not the guitar, its not any of the cables, aside from the one power cord, its not the applications they are up to date...
So I am unsure what to do?
is there a setting I need to switch on/off or set up?

Thank you for your help! much appreciated! :-)
I would prefer to get this to operate instead of buying an iRig blueboard..
AZULJAY

Postby pamajmudar » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:55 pm

I'm a newbie when it comes to all this but I have the same exact issue -
pamajmudar

Postby AZULJAY » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:22 pm

Pamaj

I spoke to Ultimate guitar / Tonebridge staff.. they informed me that the iRig Stomp i/o is not compatible with the Tonebridge amp when it comes to navigation of the pedal board.
I was told the iRig blueboard or airplay wireless pedal boards work for Tonebridge.

I would like to stay away from wireless when it comes to pedal boards because of the latency, if a delay then what is the point of a pedal board vs your finger at that point right? the reason for a pedal board is to line up your presets so you can actively play a song... not go "oh wait while I switch presets" then cue back into the song... thats now how you do it!

So here is my shout out to IKmultimedia.. since the iRig stomp is said to be a piece of hardware capable of evolving with technology so that it is not a timed and outdated device. I would suggest that they get with the programming and make the device function within the tonebridge application. There is enough people now complaining, requesting this so I would say it is time they get with it :-)

I now have to go buy an iRig Blueboard so I can function in Tonebridge.. :-( so thats what I am going to do...

S
AZULJAY

Postby pamajmudar » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:35 pm

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully IK evolves as apps change.
I
pamajmudar

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:54 pm

That is not a hardware issue, iRig Stomp I/O is a standard MIDI controller and will work with any app or software that supports standard MIDI control. I believe they were either wrong or don't have their software/app set up to handle MIDI like other apps (for instance people use iRig Stomp I/O very well with BIAS and others).

Again, this is not an issue with iRig Stomp I/O. You have either been misinformed and it will work (I can't see why not as almost every guitar gear product supports basic MIDI control functionality thus will work with iRig Stomp I/O) or they are not implementing the correct functionality and you'd need to ask them to do so.

Please PM what you were told so I can have our team make sure they are aware of how iRig Stomp I/O's MIDI works and will work with any app/software that support standard MIDI CC/PC/etc messages.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:55 pm

pamajmudar wrote:Thanks for the reply. Hopefully IK evolves as apps change.
I

See above. This is not an IK / iRig Stomp I/O problem. iRig Stomp I/O is a MIDI controller that works with thousands of software/apps that support standard MIDI control.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:59 pm

One more followup - the scenario above where there's a big delay in changing presets etc via iRig BlueBoard wirelessly is exaggerated. It is very fast, using Bluetooth 4 (Bluetooth LE).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby pamajmudar » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:14 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
I

See above. This is not an IK / iRig Stomp I/O problem. iRig Stomp I/O is a MIDI controller that works with thousands of software/apps that support standard MIDI control.

Thanks
How is it that irig blueboard controls Tonebridge but not Stomp I/O (since both are made by IK Multimedia)? I am asking as someone not familiar with the details here and just for information
Thanks
pamajmudar

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:23 pm

pamajmudar wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:
I

Thanks
How is it that irig blueboard controls Tonebridge but not Stomp I/O (since both are made by IK Multimedia)? I am asking as someone not familiar with the details here and just for information
Thanks

Both work. See my message below as our IK Support techs are aware how iRig Stomp I/O DOES work with ToneBridge and they know how to set it up.

Still would love to hear what the UG/ToneBridge tech stated directly as requested above so we can make sure they are better armed with accurate information going forward.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:26 pm

How to set up control of ToneBridge with iRig Stomp I/O:

1. Go to the "Featured" page of ToneBridge
  2. Tap External Pedal Interface
  3. Choose "Set Up" for whichever of the options you want to control

This was tested directly by our Support Manager based on the above information. If you still have issues, I'd suggest contacting IK Support as they are aware of the proper functionality and setup of iRig Stomp I/O in the ToneBridge product. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby pamajmudar » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:28 pm

will try it tonight! thank you!
pamajmudar

Next

Return to Interfaces & Controllers